Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Islam and Americans are not compatible. Hostility is the rule.

Fundamentalism and Americans are not compatible. Why restrict it to Islam?

The most un-American things I have seen posted by Americans come from the Religious Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And the Constitution is the bedrock of American law. So you have no reason to fear Sharia Law. Feel better now?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Fortunately, we have a Constitution that supersedes Sharia Law, that supersedes all theocratic considerations. We don't need to fear Islam. Sharia Law is not a threat.
What will you say when Islam says 'in order for me to operate freely in my religion, Sharia will have to be instituted'?

And if Sharia is not instituted, the price of oil that the US imports will double?

-----------------------

Rights and freedoms can be removed based on actions. People have the right to vote UNTIL they commit a felony - then the right is taken away.

I say religions have a right to practice UNLESS they declare war or coordinate an attack on our soil. Then they should be forbidden - at least for a time.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Guess this guy couldn't worship at ground zero, or his children, or his childrens childrens.
I wish it was Nidal Malik Hasan that was there. 11 lives and 31 injuries could have been spared.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I was in the Baptist church growing up. I called for a book of Mormon once when I was 10. My grandmother took a gun to the door when the "representatives" showed up to bring me the book.
Is your guilt associated with this incident at an impressionable young age directly connected to your denial about the validity to question the motivations of Imam Rauf's support of Shariah Law and his intent for THIS Mosque/community center? It is related to your denial that looking into THIS Mosque specifically, at THIS location, with unknown funding, is NOT, I repeat NOT a violation of any Constitutional or civil rights?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And if Sharia is not instituted, the price of oil that the US imports will double?
If that is the concern I would be more worried about Canada, Mexico and Venezuela.

Imports of Crude Oil* into the United States* - ranking (http://groupsites.ius.edu/physics/~kyle/P310/crudebycountry.htm - broken link)

Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is your guilt associated with this incident at an impressionable young age directly connected to your denial about the validity to question the motivations of Imam Rauf's support of Shariah Law and his intent for THIS Mosque/community center? It is related to your denial that looking into THIS Mosque specifically, at THIS location, with unknown funding, is NOT, I repeat NOT a violation of any Constitutional or civil rights?
I don't care if he supports Sharia law, anymore than I care that the family "pastor" supported Mosaic law and the 10 commandments.

Honestly, I have no guilt in that situation at all. Later I found out just how screwed up the LDS church was, and I have no desire to have further contact with them.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Thank you, Master of the Obvious.
So logical fallacy is your forte'?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
~

Who says religious freedom is a good thing ?

God certainly doesn't. The Bible makes that very clear.

The Muslims, at least, are faithful to their religion...
which is more than I can say about most people.

~

Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I wish it was Nidal Malik Hasan that was there. 11 lives and 31 injuries could have been spared.
Yeah, thats the problem.

I focused on one good, of hundreds of thousands of good ordinary Muslims in this country, and you focus on one of the handful of idiots.

This is exactly whats wrong in this debate. The majority of Muslims in our country, and our world, are peaceful ordinary people. They don't support terrorism, anymore than Christians support pedophiles in the Catholic church.

Yet, many Americans seem to be hell bent on connecting the two groups.

All of this while Muslim men die for our country. Either in black ops, CIA agents, or soldiers on the battle field.

Even the Imam that is trying to build this cultural center worked with the FBI, and George W Bush and his closest advisors to find ways to cool tensions, and to try and help them fight the war on terror.

But God forbid him be a Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies