Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Municipal governments do this FOR liberals all the time when they reverse their first Amendment stance and for "seperation of church and state". Yet, Congress has not made any law respecting the establishment of a religion. Which is it? The hypocrisy and duplicity of the far left is dizzying.

Really? got any tangible proof of that, other than removing the ten commandments from a government building?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Because these are our choices?

Why do you people always think in such binary terms?
There's another option?

What do you think of how Islam is engulfing the UK? Or do you think Islam is not engulfing the UK system?

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Muslims Against Sharia

The need for reform
Islam, in its present form, is not compatible with principles of freedom and democracy.....

Sharia
Sharia Law must be abolished, because it is incompatible with norms of modern society.

OK, is the community center in NY imposing Sharia law?

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Isn't the word "whilst" considered archaic and pretentious?
That would depend on which side of the Atlantic you are on.

But since I was trying to be pretentious, it seemd the mot juste.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's another option?

What do you think of how Islam is engulfing the UK? Or do you think Islam is not engulfing the UK system?

Really, How?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:04 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Religion: 6 billion people raping humanity over which imaginary best friend is actually real.

Jesus Christ. (pun intended)

Who really gives a **** where Muslims decide to build a mosque? The bible-thumpers crying 'outrage!' are the same people who are against gay marriage.

If it doesn't affect you, **** OFF! It really is amazing how the religious right cries in defense of the Constitution (2nd amendment usually) but will openly speak out against the 1st amendment.
What is amazing is how the left is so selective in expressing their concerns about religious groups.

I can think of only one poster here from that group that ever condemns Islam whereas the rest of you are constantly on the warpath against Christians, while defending to the death the "religious freedom" of Muslims and their increasing encroachment in the United States. That while not giving a moments thought to the affects of increasing Muslim influence in your country. It ought to scare you to death, but strangely you welcome them with open arms.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I have no use for any organized religion. But for 60 years I have coexisted with Christianity with only minor inconvenience and I know that will continue. That is not the case with Islam and you know it - but refuse to acknowledge it or even talk about it. The hypocrisy of the left on this issue is staggering.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's another option?

There are always other options.

I think you are exaggerating with a verb like "engulfing." They have an immigration problem, just like we do. Lucky for us, we get Mexican potheads instead of uptight bearded freaks in white pajamas.

Europe hasn't done a good job of assimilating Muslims, something we do much better, in part, because of our history and jurisprudence regarding freedom of religion and separation of church and state.

Permitting the mosque is a PR victory for us. Disallowing it plays right into the radical's hands as more evidence that the West is "oppressing" Muslims. Remember, they cast themselves, as all terrorists groups do, as the underdog fighting against the big evil hegemon or government or whatever. Without that status, they are powerless.

We aren't going to defeat radical Islam or stem its spread by doing exactly what they accuse us of doing. We wil defeat it by selling their kids IPods and subscriptions to Playboy.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What is amazing is how the left is so selective in expressing their concerns about religious groups.

I can think of only one poster here from that group that ever condemns Islam whereas the rest of you are constantly on the warpath against Christians, while defending to the death the "religious freedom" of Muslims and their increasing encroachment in the United States. That while not giving a moments thought to the affects of increasing Muslim influence in your country. It ought to scare you to death, but strangely you welcome them with open arms.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I have no use for any organized religion. But for 60 years I have coexisted with Christianity with only minor inconvenience and I know that will continue. That is not the case with Islam and you know it - but refuse to acknowledge it or even talk about it. The hypocrisy of the left on this issue is staggering.
I don't know if you're directing any of that at me, but if you go to the religious section, you'll see I have routinely attacked all of Abrahams religious children.

Islam and I have lots of issues, but I also have lots of issues with Christianity. My problem is when Christians attack Islam for their "backwards" beliefs, when in reality, most Christians believe the same thing. Or at least they profess to, when they claim that the bible is the undisputed word of God.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Fundamentalists like to threaten people with condemnation. And death. Always heat, blood, and death. Throw in shame, and guilt, and who wants to sign up for that deal ? No reasonable person. Personal faith is fine, but hysterical masses make asses of themselves when they go around hating each other. enough of the blood ! how about substituting the words "transmission fluid" every time you see the word BLOOD in the bible/koran. You won't take life so hard. You will be laughing. Religion should make people happy, not miserable !

Old 08-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Who is constantly on the warpath against Christians? I'm a United Methodist. What I am on the warpath is against fundamentalism - Christian or Islamic - and the authoritarian theocracy they both want to establish in the world.

Your statement above is simply ridiculous.

Quote:
Understanding the difference between the Establishment clause and the Free Exercise clause isn't hypocrisy, it's education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies