U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 42,279,461 times
Reputation: 7113

Advertisements

Just listen as Ronaldus Maximus warns the nation of the dangers of liberalism. He was prescient when he told us what the liberals would do and how they would do it.

This is just beautiful....but friggin scary...cause it's happening NOW


YouTube - "Those Voices Don't Speak for the Rest of Us"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,874 posts, read 22,807,286 times
Reputation: 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just listen as Ronaldus Maximus warns the nation of the dangers of liberalism. He was prescient when he told us what the liberals would do and how they would do it.

This is just beautiful....but friggin scary...cause it's happening NOW
Yet he tripled the national debt, and more than doubled the size of government, created all kinds of new agencies, etc.

Yeah, a real "conservative" hero.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 PM
 
10,854 posts, read 8,708,027 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just listen as Ronaldus Maximus warns the nation of the dangers of liberalism. He was prescient when he told us what the liberals would do and how they would do it.

This is just beautiful....but friggin scary...cause it's happening NOW


YouTube - "Those Voices Don't Speak for the Rest of Us"
All I have to do is turn on Faux News to here the voices that don't speak for the rest of us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 42,279,461 times
Reputation: 7113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yet he tripled the national debt, and more than doubled the size of government, created all kinds of new agencies, etc.

Yeah, a real "conservative" hero.
Wrong, as usual.

What about his prescient vision regarding liberalism?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 42,279,461 times
Reputation: 7113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
All I have to do is turn on Faux News to here the voices that don't speak for the rest of us.
The radical Left is about 20% of the population, a clear minority......thank goodness.

What's the matter - can't address the content of the video?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,874 posts, read 22,807,286 times
Reputation: 8659
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wrong, as usual.

What about his prescient vision regarding liberalism?
I'm a libertarian padre.

I just don't like calling Reagan some conservative God, because he was far from it. And before you say I'm "wrong" read the facts.

Even Reagan Wasn't a Reagan Republican - Newsweek
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
 
150 posts, read 97,995 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm a libertarian padre.

I just don't like calling Reagan some conservative God, because he was far from it. And before you say I'm "wrong" read the facts.

Even Reagan Wasn't a Reagan Republican - Newsweek
Reagan had leadership qualities and an ability to bring optimism to this country in a dark time. He also had exceptional diplomacy skills when dealing in foreign policy.

He did not however exude conservatism when it came to fiscal repsonsibility. He enabled the Democratic Congress and Pentagon to blow the deficit up to unsustainable levels.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:11 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
66,463 posts, read 48,027,728 times
Reputation: 36646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
Reagan had leadership qualities and an ability to bring optimism to this country in a dark time. He also had exceptional diplomacy skills when dealing in foreign policy.
YEP! He played the role of POTUS well...........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
He did not however exude conservatism when it came to fiscal repsonsibility. He enabled the Democratic Congress and Pentagon to blow the deficit up to unsustainable levels.

With no lasting benefit to the country........................................... ....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Europe
2,735 posts, read 2,314,995 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm a libertarian padre.

I just don't like calling Reagan some conservative God, because he was far from it. And before you say I'm "wrong" read the facts.

Even Reagan Wasn't a Reagan Republican - Newsweek
He would be a liberal today.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
 
12,560 posts, read 7,605,778 times
Reputation: 8994
Ah, well. At least under President Reagan the USA opened its borders to allow lots and lots of Japanese cars to be imported.

Indeed, soon after leaving office he went to Japan and spoke (to a group including those Japanese automakers) for about 20 minutes, for which he received two million dollars.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top