Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is more of a threat to the USA
Gay Marriage 0 0%
Illegal Immigration 30 61.22%
Mosque near Ground Zero 1 2.04%
All of the above 5 10.20%
None of the above 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:08 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,872 times

Advertisements

Whats more of a threat?? Gay Marriage, Illegal Immigration or the Ground Zero Mosque??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 02:10 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Gay illegals that want to get married at the mosque. Is by far the biggest threat.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,287 times
Obviously illegal immigration. It's the only issue that directly impacts tax-paying Americans.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Wouldn't let me do multiple choice grrr.

Anyway, any attack on personal liberty I view as the greatest threat to my nation. So yeah, gay marriage, the mosque, those are bigger issues to me at the mean time. Immigration, just open the damned border up, start a "Ellis Island" like facility along the border, those that want in, let in. As long as they are working and paying taxes, I have no problem with them being here.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Gay illegals that want to get married at the mosque. Is by far the biggest threat.

lol Silas I have to admit that made me laugh. The ONLY gays that I know that would be married there would be Muslims. Is there such a thing? Oh yeah there is, they are putting a Muslim gay bar right next to the Mosque.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Wouldn't let me do multiple choice grrr.

Anyway, any attack on personal liberty I view as the greatest threat to my nation. So yeah, gay marriage, the mosque, those are bigger issues to me at the mean time. Immigration, just open the damned border up, start a "Ellis Island" like facility along the border, those that want in, let in. As long as they are working and paying taxes, I have no problem with them being here.
I'm confused, are you saying that gay marriage and a mosque are a threat to YOUR personal liberty? Or the personal liberties of gays/Muslims?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:27 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
As I said last night a couple of dudes next door making butt love to each other has no effect on my life.

By comparison being assaulted by a Latino mob for flying an American flag (see video of this happening on the illegal immigrant thread) or being forced at AK 47 point to pray towards Mecca would have a huge impact.

Honestly before I started seeing YouTube videos about militant Latinos last week I had no idea how they really were. Most of them in Kentucky are quiet, hard working, and speak English. Every now in then they kill someone by driving drunk, but they seemed like overall good people.

But after watching videos of them calling for ethnic cleansing against Whites and Blacks and assaulting people for flying our nation's flag I now understand they are the greatest threat against our civilization. I just happened to take Spanish classes this summer and both my professors (a Cuban born woman and a self proclaimed Anchor Baby from New Mexico) both expressed deep hatred for America and said very similar things to what I saw on Youtube - that Americans were living on stolen land and that Latinos were going to take over by having more babies. The Cuban said the real Americans were on reservations, but their were natives on Cuba that were wiped out - does that mean she's not a real Cuban? Like most Latinos she also seemed really racist against Black students and got in several verbal confrontations with them.

Arab Muslims just aren't numerous enough (Black Muslims to me aren't the same thing).

Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Whats more of a threat?? Gay Marriage, Illegal Immigration or the Ground Zero Mosque??
None of the above are really a threat. But they all proivde a great smokescreen to ensure the general populace does not spend much time thinking about real issues that affect our country.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I'm confused, are you saying that gay marriage and a mosque are a threat to YOUR personal liberty? Or the personal liberties of gays/Muslims?
Yes,

I take the Larry Flynt approach. You may not agree with something personally, but if you want to protect your liberties, you've got to protect the things you hate as well.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:43 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
on a serious note...............In the long term that mosque is definately a threat and it should not be built it is a national security issue not a freedom of religion or civil liberties issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies