Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

repeal universal health. freeze FEMA and UIB.
now the bad. got to war with iran.
problem is there isnt anybody against spending.
we need a dave ramsey congress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
And quickly one of the most destructive thing the Dems are doing is pointing fingers instead taking responsibility for what they are doing. I can't say that this is the most destructive thing they have done, because they have done far worse, but, it is getting up there.
I've been around a long time. I was a Republican for the first half of my voting life. The last time I voted for a Republican in a national election was in 1984 and I wish I had that one back. Anybody who is an ordinary working American without any gifts from their parents which made them independent and votes for Republicans at the national level deserves what they get. The Republican party supports corporations and the rich.

The Republicans get all bent out of shape when some of their borrowed money gets spent on the poor and infirm.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
repeal universal health. freeze FEMA and UIB.
now the bad. got to war with iran.
problem is there isnt anybody against spending.
we need a dave ramsey congress
It's too late to do anything about spending. Thanks to Reagan and the Bushes the annual interest on the debt is about half a trillion dollars...almost as much as the defense budget.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Establish a "corporatist"/neo-fascist dictatorship...

Or, alternatively, a religious-fundamentalist theocracy...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
It's too late to do anything about spending. Thanks to Reagan and the Bushes the annual interest on the debt is about half a trillion dollars...almost as much as the defense budget.
Quote:
Thanks to Reagan and the Bushes
did you forget clinton who increased the debt from less than 4 trillion to 5.87 trillion???? are you frogetting obama and pelosi who are spending like crazy

why so one sided mel???

Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I expect them to be an even stronger "Party Of No", but I don't expect them to actually accomplish anything meaningful.
I expect them to stop the spending. I expect them to care about ther people that they work for, and not themselves.
Republicans can be corrupt as well, that is why I hope that we get the good R's in there. The ones that will actually read the U.S. Constitution, and live by it.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
did you forget clinton who increased the debt from less than 4 trillion to 5.87 trillion???? are you frogetting obama and pelosi who are spending like crazy

why so one sided mel???
Funny, isn't it? Yeah, Obama is doing a great job bringing that debt down

Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
What I realistically want...

1. Impeach and remove Obama

2. Pass real immigration reform where most illegal aliens are deported and the businesses who hire them are put out of business. All illegal aliens in our prisons are placed in Mexican prisons.

3. Wiretapping devices are place in all American mosque to monitor terrorist activity.

4. End the anchor baby loophole with a constitutional amendment - believe me 3/4 of states would easily pass it.

5. No more massive bailouts but instead the increased use of short term tax rebates - like Cash for Clunkers. I'd like to see rebates for new homeowners and for switching to more energy efficient products - electric lawnmowers, hybrid cars, etc

Old 08-18-2010, 10:21 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Funny, isn't it? Yeah, Obama is doing a great job bringing that debt down
Anyone familiar with History knows now is the time to 'Spend like crazy.'

Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Anyone familiar with History knows now is the time to 'Spend like crazy.'
Yep, spend like crazy before the country collapses... even though the ones spending are creating that collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies