Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
along came George, cut taxes twice and this time for the first time in our history began to borrow from Communist Chinese banks to fund them.
I think Tax and Spend makes a lot more sense than Spend and Borrow.
mel...please get out of the 50's...it hasent been known are communist (red ) china since clinton got them to the most favored nation status, and ggot them into the world bank

and what do you think the democrats (since Jan 2007) have been doing...borrow and big spend

clinton did nothing but get us into this situation (ever heard of stituational awareness) with his fuzzy math
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes I can read...the SPAM you have posted a hundred times on hundreds of threads

tell me this

the DEBT went up EVERY YEARS than clinton was in office....CAN YOU READ AND UNDESTAND THAT

it doesnt take a GED...

debt when clinton took office...3.9 trillion
debt when clinton left office 5.8 trillion

those are facts

did other debt occure during reagan/bush1....sure...did debt occure during bush2...you bet...has debt occured even faster under obama...history says so
Add Public Budget and Finance to History as to areas you need to study- if you want to be taken seriously on the subject.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
If tehy did they need to atke the TARP moneies and chrage it towards the deficit and get it out fo the hands of the administration.The seocnd thing is to bring up the porposal that even has some democratic support to make the commission a congressional one with everyting on the table and a straight up or down vote.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If tehy did they need to atke the TARP moneies and chrage it towards the deficit and get it out fo the hands of the administration.The seocnd thing is to bring up the porposal that even has some democratic support to make the commission a congressional one with everyting on the table and a straight up or down vote.
TARP was signed into law under the Bush Admin.

Ever read it, it's only a page or so?

Not only cannot it be amended by Congress, it cannot be reviewed by the Judiciary.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'Proposal' idea, please clarify.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
mel...please get out of the 50's...it hasent been known are communist (red ) china since clinton got them to the most favored nation status, and ggot them into the world bank

and what do you think the democrats (since Jan 2007) have been doing...borrow and big spend

clinton did nothing but get us into this situation (ever heard of stituational awareness) with his fuzzy math
Borrowing started under Reagan: he raided Social Security for the first time by any Admin to cover the fact that his tax cuts had not worked as supply siders said it would.

See: 'The Fraud Of Alan Greenspan", by Dr. Ravi Batra on the subject, or "The Politics Of Rich And Poor" by Republican strategist Kevin Phillips for more information.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I'd also like to see the treason law enforced. They could start by hanging the Wiki Leaks dude at either Ground Zero or Shanksville PA

Old 08-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'd also like to see the treason law enforced. They could start by hanging the Wiki Leaks dude at either Ground Zero or Shanksville PA
Do you know what 'Treason' is, by definition, I mean?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:57 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Add Public Budget and Finance to History as to areas you need to study- if you want to be taken seriously on the subject.
Don't worry...he's already shown his ignorance on the subject by comparing the quadrupling of the debt and then the doubling again to the measly $1.3 trillion it went up while Clinton was straightening up their mess...THEN ALONG CAME SLOW WALKIN' SLO TALKIN' GEORGE

Old 08-18-2010, 09:53 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
They'll ******* choke again when they realize they can't govern, and don't have anything to offer other than keeping the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy alive.

Just a bunch of worthless corporatists that don't give two ***** about the majority of our country. I feel bad for the pawns that continue to support them. Keep thinking that one day you'll be in the elite tax bracket. Keep dreamin!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I expect them to be an even stronger "Party Of No", but I don't expect them to actually accomplish anything meaningful.
Total gridlock....absolutely nothing. They're useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies