Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times

Advertisements

I disagree with Tea Party members on probably just about every issue, but I like their passion and involvement in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

As for the question in the OP, I'm a pretty private and reserved guy IRL. I don't go around barking my positions on every street corner. The last political T-shirt I wore was a "Recall Gray Davis" shirt, and I last wore it in NYC in 2004...
Last political shirt I wore was Al Haig for President in 1988. LOLs.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Those who consider themselves to be members of the Tea Party, do you view that label with pride? Do you openly tell people you are a member of the Tea Party?
Yes
Yes (if conversation prompts it)

Here in America I can be all that I want to be. If you don't like it then too bad. There may be better things than being in the "Tea Party" but there are certainly worse things.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:32 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Last political shirt I wore was Al Haig for President in 1988. LOLs.
Thats funny!

I don't and will not wear political tee shirts, they aren't appropriate to me. I won't wear a shirt that would read, "AGNOSTIC'S RULE" either.
Now I will wear a "KISS", "IRON MAIDEN", "GODSMACK" or "TOOL" shirt all day long! but I'm getting off topic....

Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Tea Party says they have "no leaders". Therefore, they have no coherent philosophy.
To those without an agenda the philosphy is obvious. It has been repeated many, many times. Lower the debt, smaller government. Not to hard to remember. How come you cant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They say they aren't racist, but tolerate people proudly hauling signs around with racist messages. They supposedly don't have a social agenda, but again, tolerate people displaying signs about all number of social issuses. They use kids to get their message out, something they condemn in others.
to be sure there are some people, from all parties, who don't want to get involved when they see inappropriate signs. But to say tolerate is a a dishonest statement.
Using kids to get their message out???? LMAO Can the agenda filled ones on the left make anymore absurd statements? The dishonest way the radical ones on the left try to paint the Tea Party are acts of a desperate people. The truth doesn't paint the Tea Party in a bad light so lets make things up about them. The issues can't be discussed because the liberal left would get buried.
Maybe the best thing to do is not take on the Tea Party. Even your cousins, the anti liberty neocons, have stayed out of the Tea Parties way for the most part.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
To those without an agenda the philosphy is obvious. It has been repeated many, many times. Lower the debt, smaller government. Not to hard to remember. How come you cant?

to be sure there are some people, from all parties, who don't want to get involved when they see inappropriate signs. But to say tolerate is a a dishonest statement.
Using kids to get their message out???? LMAO Can the agenda filled ones on the left make anymore absurd statements? The dishonest way the radical ones on the left try to paint the Tea Party are acts of a desperate people. The truth doesn't paint the Tea Party in a bad light so lets make things up about them. The issues can't be discussed because the liberal left would get buried.
Maybe the best thing to do is not take on the Tea Party. Even your cousins, the anti liberty neocons, have stayed out of the Tea Parties way for the most part.
I'm not at my regular computer with all my bookmarks, and I can't cut and paste from this one, but when I get back to my regular comp I will post some pictures of tiny little kids dressed up in colonial costume carrying signs they can't possibly understand.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Reigning in government excesses and corruption.

Then let us start with our bloated military industrial complex the biggest of all. Also end crony capitalism favoring big oil and big pharma so our new economy growth engines of alternative energy and biotech can thrive. If the tea party included this in their platform and didn't form just weeks into Obama's presidency I'd think it was something more than just a cute rebranding of the GOP by FOX

Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Those who consider themselves to be members of the Tea Party, do you view that label with pride? Do you openly tell people you are a member of the Tea Party?

Of course I do, and yes, of course I do.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I find fault with the Tea Party because their creators desire to remove all civil rights and regulatory law from this country. I also believe these people are trying to return to a society that never existed. At best the Tea Party policies are short sighted and based on ignorance and propaganda. In the long run they would be a disaster for most Americans, including most Tea Party members, and a give away to the mega millionaires sponsoring the movement. You have to look past the propaganda to see the self serving creators and their manipulation of the ignorant participants.

Thank you DNC operative.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I find fault with the Tea Party because their creators desire to remove all civil rights and regulatory law from this country. I also believe these people are trying to return to a society that never existed. At best the Tea Party policies are short sighted and based on ignorance and propaganda. In the long run they would be a disaster for most Americans, including most Tea Party members, and a give away to the mega millionaires sponsoring the movement. You have to look past the propaganda to see the self serving creators and their manipulation of the ignorant participants.
well stated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies