Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times

Advertisements

We live in a society that condones killing innocent villagers a world away on the suspicion of their harboring "terrorists" and we condemn a couple of dumb women for trading sex for rent and then even more money for not telling the fool's wife. Bombing innocents is murder and grifting is just stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:44 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
you can and do tax illegal income. What do you think they convicted al copone on?

When you commit crimes, like drug dealing, the crime they can and do get you on is not declaring the income and thus not paying taxes on it, even if the source of the income is illegal. You still have to delcare it and pay taxes on it.
Well then they should legalize drug dealing and prostitution so that people feel safe declaring the income.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM

720 posts, read 691,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Well then they should legalize drug dealing and prostitution so that people feel safe declaring the income.

Yeah, thats what I want to happen..

Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Yeah, thats what I want to happen..
No, you would prefer to suppress freedom and free trade.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
A local store has a motto that reads:

'Everything you buy comes from China. If you want to buy American, visit a hooker or buy some weed."

But again, the bigger part of this story of declining morals is that Americans just do not know their own history.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Hmmmmm.....a married man looking to settle for sex in place of rent, but ends up empty-handed and facing extortion. Someone find my sympathy bag....it's gone missing.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We live in a society that condones killing innocent villagers a world away on the suspicion of their harboring "terrorists" and we condemn a couple of dumb women for trading sex for rent and then even more money for not telling the fool's wife. Bombing innocents is murder and grifting is just stupid.
you are outright lying. We do not condone the killing of innocent civilians. We regret that it happens, as it's inevitable as part of war, especially when terrorists hide amongst civilians, hoping to get civilians killed to win public sympathy. That's a long way from "condoning" civilian deaths by us.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 AM

720 posts, read 691,028 times
Well oddly I agree with you on that, I have no sympathy for the dumbaz landlord, I do however think these women should face the criminal charges. Had they just ended it with one session and got their months free, I would have just laughed the story off..

Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We live in a society that legislates the murder of babies via abortion and uses tax payer funds to pay for those murders. You don't have to go offshore if your intent is to point the finger at moral decline.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
While i agree that genrally morals are goig downhill in society ;thsi is hardly normal even for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies