Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Obama's religion?
Christian 59 49.17%
Muslim 34 28.33%
Other 9 7.50%
Don't know 18 15.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,409,600 times

Advertisements

I doubt he's a closet Muslim, but he's defiantly not a Christian!

YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"

YouTube - Barack Obama's small town guns and religion comments

YouTube - Obama mocks the Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Censusdata my father always told me to read the new testament which is a message of hope,love,forgiveness the THINGS WE NEED TODAY...O preaches out of the old testament often not that there isn't a message in those passages as my father said but openly mocks God and the Savior unbelievable no true Christian would do such a thing.Believe me there is a God and you non-believers will find this out real soon.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM

46,891 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Default Only one in five?

- that's a lot of propaganda effort for little effect. 20% is pretty much the background count for crazy in US politics.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,591,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Censusdata my father always told me to read the new testament which is a message of hope,love,forgiveness the THINGS WE NEED TODAY...O preaches out of the old testament often not that there isn't a message in those passages as my father said but openly mocks God and the Savior unbelievable no true Christian would do such a thing.Believe me there is a God and you non-believers will find this out real soon.
Message of hope, love and forgiveness . Are you sure you have actually read the Bible ? It sounds to me like you have decided to pick and choose which passages to remember. Are those the passages you had in mind ? :

Cruelty and Violence . Atheist website but real passages from the ever so "real" Bible. Yessiree Bob God is a true loving Deity. Full of forgiveness and loving , from incest, rape and murder to the wanton destruction of buildings and animals .

Believe me there is no God but sadly you will never find out because you like everyone else will die, and decompose like everybody else. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust or maybe just worm food. I have managed to sound as condescending as you ? I tried.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,121,013 times
Default smoke and mirrors

Further evidence Obama is an enigma.

He still runs against Bush disguised as Bill Clinton.

He relinquishes his role as leader by citing his inheritence from Bush.

He is for something and then against it. See the tapes.

He gets a Nobel Peace Surpise for something some group hopes he does.

The jobs he claims to have saved are the product of economic theory. The man is not measurable except in the aftermath of the disater he has created.

So he is a Christian. Ask anyone what religion they subscribe to and chances are good you get the brand of Christianity. So what brand of Christianity does he follow?

Amazing that such an historic icon to his followers can confuse so many with something so basic as the religion he follows. Unprecedented!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,285,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hillary Clinton herself brought up his Muslim background during the campaign. She's far from conservative. Leftists believe it also.
It was purely a campaign tactic. Hillary Clinton stated she didn't know for sure if Obama was a Muslim or not. The tactic didn't play out too well with many voters who saw it for what it was. An attempt to prey on the ignorance and prejudices that reside in America.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,879,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Really ? Strange that , because I know many , many Muslims ( some of them are extremely good friends) and travel the Middle East and North Africa on a regular basis and I do not know ONE Muslim who thinks he is....

I guess your travels and mine have brought you to very different Muslims.
He is Muslim according to Sha'aria law. There is no controversy on that. Obama may not consider himself a Muslim in terms of beliefs and practices, but according to Muslim law, he IS one and does not have the option of converting away.

If you are telling the truth about your Muslim friends, it sounds like they are so assimilated that they don't even know the tenets of their religion.

I live in Israel part of every year so I come into contact with a fair number of Muslims myself.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
To quote Scott Adams, when did ignorance become a point of view?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,504,588 times
From his book Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Seems very clear to me unless this is another 'MISGUIDED'
statement he'll have to retract

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,835,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I doubt if he sat in Reverend Wright's church for 20 years for show. That's an awful long time to keep up the facade. Weren't both of his girls baptized?
They have Muslims that attend that church. After all, they do endorse Louis Farrakhan.

Quote:
Last year, it gave the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness." That man is Louis Farrakhan.
Richard Cohen - Obama's Farrakhan Test - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies