Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,833,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They speak the truth.
They speak the truth the way democrats see the truth, which isn't the truth at all...!! Just a couple more leftist losers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:33 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,164,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
They speak the truth the way democrats see the truth, which isn't the truth at all...!! Just a couple more leftist losers..
Point out the lies in the article.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,950,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I wish you guys would *give it up* about blacks using the "n" word. Seriously can't believe that people are so dense that they don't get the distinction. It shouldn't be used by anyone, however just accept that it's ALWAYS a problem when non-Blacks use it. Geez!
No intelligent black person with any respect for their history would use it either.

If anyone calls me that name be they white or black they will shortly realize that they have stepped in it!!

Yes, I do understand the context that some blacks use the word in, yet that is nothing more than one more psychological crutch that we as black people need to get rid of, that word was used by dirty ignorant racists and now it's used by dirty ignorant black people!!

Last edited by reconmark; 08-19-2010 at 05:08 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM

720 posts, read 689,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
No intelligent black person with any respect for their history would use it either.

If anyone calls me that name be they white or black they will shortly realize that they have stepped in it!!

Yes, I do undersatnd the context that some blacks use the word in, yet that is nothing more than one more psychological crutch that we as black people need to get rid of, that word was used by dirty ignorant racists and now it's used by dirty ignorant black people!!
I just had to chime in, and say "well said sir"

Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,164,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Point out the lies in the article.
Need more time Donn?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,053,594 times
Dr. Laura Advises Mom to Dump her Autistic Child

A disabilities legal advocate who happened to be listening today sends in this report:

A mother calls Dr. Laura for an answer to one question, "Should I go to my father's birthday party?" Her "moral dilemma" was that her husband did not think they should go anywhere they could not take their child with autism.

Her answer is, "Yes." "Buy yourself a nice dress, and have a nice time at dinner tomorrow night, maybe one of the few nice times you've had at dinner in 8 years. And that's fair." Her answer was also "There's nowhere you can take this kid. There is no place." Then incredibly, Dr. Laura recommends that mother should just put her kid in an institution so she can spend more time with the rest of the family.
Subject: Dr. Laura Advises Mom to Dump her Autistic - Wrightslaw

So let's analyze this....
Palin considers herself an advocate for challenged kids and their moms as she carried her Downs Syndrome child around as a prop...but now she comes to the defense of the woman who tells a mom of a challenged child to dump the kid. Hmm...

Dr. Laura's insensitviity borders on sociopathic and Palin realtes to this woman. Makes sense.
Idiot Palin tells Dr. Laura to "reload". What the hell does that mean anyway? Is Palin in moose hunting mode? BTW, Frau Palin...as much as Dr. Laura has the right to insult people and display frigid insensitivity, people have the right to call her out on it. That goes for you too, you numbskull. Never saw an attention getting non-cause that didn't bring you out of the woodwork, have you?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM

767 posts, read 487,447 times
I find it interesting that in the course of a conversation about the n word the first person to pop into Dr. Laura's head is President Obama. Freudian slip?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,277,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I wish you guys would *give it up* about blacks using the "n" word. Seriously can't believe that people are so dense that they don't get the distinction. It shouldn't be used by anyone, however just accept that it's ALWAYS a problem when non-Blacks use it. Geez!
Actually I disagree. Everybody should be free to use the "N' word freely.

Why?

It would tell other people EXACTLY how that person stood on the issue of racial prejudice and racial sensitivity. Right now a lot of people are racist but hide their racism in a vareity of ways. If a White person is using the "N" word to derisively with regard to Black people you know EXACTLY how that person feels. Then you can respond accordingly based on if you agree with that person's views or not. Racism is like a disease. Like any disease it has to be exposed and and dealt with before it is eliminated.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:56 PM
YAZ

7,700 posts, read 14,033,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Palin endorses ANYTHING that gets her free publicity. Queen Loon.
No publicity is ever free.

Unless you're a moderator on a free message board.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 PM

9,300 posts, read 16,604,290 times
I can't say I'm surprised that Dr. Laura used the "N" word. The few times I listened to her, because it was the only station I could get clearly in the car, I would shake my head in amazement that this woman was giving advice that was so ridiculous and surreal, I laughed out loud. She is one of the most egotiscal hypocritical "psychologists" I have ever heard. Thank goodness she's retiring so she can't screw up anyone else's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies