Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Camp David is not a vacation spot, it is an extension of the WH.

So are the Western WH's, the homes of Reagan and Bush. You could hardly call those vacations, especially when they have everything they need to run the country from the facilities.
And no matter where ANY President goes he has everything he needs to run the country........gosh! We got all that hightech 'lectronics, computers, phones....... Didja know we can even PHONE Europe now!!!???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Get over the fact that Bush went on vacation. Can't anyone conduct a debate or refute a point without resorting to, but Bush did this!!!!
Maybe the OP and a few others should get over the fact that ALL Presidents go on vacation.

Did Obama invent presidential vacations?

Why can't he go on vacation as OTHER WHITE PRESIDENTS DID ?...Ooops, excuse me , I should've said , "as OTHER PRESIDENTS DID?"

Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
The President should get 2 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 3 personal days.
That is what I would get from any job that I was only 1.5 years into.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote=Wayland Woman;15538144]
Quote:
All of Washington DC closes down in August---always has, always will
In the past, all of Washington had to clear out in August. It was a mosquito infested swamp. It ain't a mosquito infested swamp anymore and air conditioning makes it a lot more bearable in the city.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post

In the past, all of Washington had to clear out in August. It was a mosquito infested swamp. It ain't a mosquito infested swamp anymore and air conditioning makes it a lot more bearable in the city.
There are still a lot of mosquitoes there; it's still hot and humid there in August; and old traditions die hard in that southern city. Congress is out of town, meeting with the constituents.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 AM

720 posts, read 691,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Why can't he go on vacation as OTHER WHITE PRESIDENTS DID ?...Ooops, excuse me , I should've said , "as OTHER PRESIDENTS DID?"

Now I have said this a million times, who the heck cares where and how many times they go. Big friggin deal...But your above comment insinuates that anyone against the big O is a racist. I resent the implication and further, I am tired of it, I get some may behave this way, BUT I DO NOT, which means not everyone does!!!!!!! Get over the race card and maybe just maybe this country might be one again.

There is absolutely no excuse to say such words, I don't care how ignorant the OP might sound...

Old 08-20-2010, 08:03 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times
So? W had 69 vacation days in his first year, and Reagan had 42. I think Obama is okay for taking 26 days this year.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 AM

720 posts, read 691,383 times
Here's the deal, presidents take vacations, get over it! And really, just how do we know what they are doing on their vacations(he could be working or not), we are not there and no of us are qualified to pass judgment on something we know nothing about.................................

Get over it.........deal with it...and move on!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Now I have said this a million times, who the heck cares where and how many times they go. Big friggin deal...But your above comment insinuates that anyone against the big O is a racist. """"

No, just the racists.....

""""I resent the implication and further, I am tired of it, I get some may behave this way, BUT I DO NOT, which means not everyone does!!!!!!! Get over the race card and maybe just maybe this country might be one again.

There is absolutely no excuse to say such words, I don't care how ignorant the OP might sound...
BECAUSE there is NO other possible reason that Obama should be held to a different standard than any other president concerning vacations.

And, NO , I will never "get over" racism.....that's EXACTLY what racists want.....

Old 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Here's the deal, presidents take vacations, get over it! And really, just how do we know what they are doing on their vacations(he could be working or not), we are not there and no of us are qualified to pass judgment on something we know nothing about.................................

Get over it.........deal with it...and move on!
So much for wanting a leader to lead by example
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies