Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Since Nancy and Harry took over in 2006, unemployment has more than doubled (from 4.6% to 9.5%) our national debt has tripled, the stock market has dropped from the 14,000's to the 9,000's, there are 200,000 new bureaucrats, there is an additional $2 Trillion Dollar unpopular HCB, a new financial bill, which nobody has a clue what's in it, an $800 Billion Dollar "stimulus bill" that didn't create one job, we purchased 2 car companies for 5x their value in order to bail out the UAW, we unconstitutionally forced private businesses to close their doors (car dealerships), and now they want "cap and trade" or an energy bill.

It doesn't look so good in print, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
To demonstrate to the GOP, that actively preventing as much effort to deal with our issues as possible, is not acceptable representation. If the political situation were reversed, no doubt the Dems would be doing the same thing. Voting for Dems this Nov, would say to both Repub and Dem, that prevention is not a good political strategy.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Since Nancy and Harry took over in 2006, unemployment has more than doubled (from 4.6% to 9.5%) our national debt has tripled, the stock market has dropped from the 14,000's to the 9,000's, there are 200,000 new bureaucrats, there is an additional $2 Trillion Dollar unpopular HCB, a new financial bill, which nobody has a clue what's in it, an $800 Billion Dollar "stimulus bill" that didn't create one job, we purchased 2 car companies for 5x their value in order to bail out the UAW, we unconstitutionally forced private businesses to close their doors (car dealerships), and now they want "cap and trade" or an energy bill.

Why would I still vote for them? I wouldn't unless I took a hit of LSD first.....Ok, that was mean, right? Well, the thing is, I wouldn't vote for them in the first place. Time for new blood in both the House and the Senate. I only wish more Libertarian voters voted for our party members, instead of choosing between Republicans and/or Democrats.....

Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Why would you still vote for Democrats?

What's the alternative?

The Republicans? They have deliberately embarked on a policy of "just say no" regardless of the consequences. That's not what I would call leadership.

The Tea Party? A few good ideas sprinkled among many crazy people is not something I could ever support ... and I am wary of any political movement that attracts such a high percentage of haters and kooks.

Other third parties? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a viable (i.e., electable on a national level) third party may not happen in my lifetime.

The Democrats are not now, nor have they ever been, anything close to perfect. But on most of the issues most of the time, they represent a view that most closely resembles my own, and therefore they get my support.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:58 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Why would you still vote for the Democrats?

Because the Republicans aren't an option.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
With what we are going thru, who would be stupid enough, to do this to ourselves, over again. Democrats are clearly not what they use to be. Anyone can have a good clear message, but when the buck stops there, people do wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:29 AM

783 posts, read 814,912 times
Quote:

What choice is their either vote Democratic or vote on another party than the Republicans.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:31 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:

I would vote Democrat because there is no alternative to them except the Republicans and there is no way in hell I will vote for them. You cannot hold the Democrats totally responsible for the mess Bush created.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:

1. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are not all Democrats, now are they?

2. Our national debt has tripled in large part to what the last administration, a Democratic and Republican controlled legislature allowed to happen. Many of the same Republicans you're wanting to vote into office now. John Boehner and others of his party were there during the first Bush term, when spending went nuts, and we took a budget surplus, and turned it into a budget deficit. So I ask you, whats the difference?

3. Um, if you don't recall, most of the stock market drop happened during the Bush Presidency.

4. Reagan still increased the size of the government more than Obama, your point?

5 As far as the stimulus, remember, the first bail out was from President Bush, Republicans supported the automobile company bailout, and cap and trade is fine, as long as we quit sending 700 billion dollars a year to foreign countries that hate us.

So why would I vote Republican either? They started most of this mess, and the same ones who would be in charge, are the same idiots that let President Bush spend like a drunken sailor.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Why would you still vote for Democrats?

What's the alternative?

The Republicans? They have deliberately embarked on a policy of "just say no" regardless of the consequences. That's not what I would call leadership.

The Tea Party? A few good ideas sprinkled among many crazy people is not something I could ever support ... and I am wary of any political movement that attracts such a high percentage of haters and kooks.

Other third parties? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a viable (i.e., electable on a national level) third party may not happen in my lifetime.

The Democrats are not now, nor have they ever been, anything close to perfect. But on most of the issues most of the time, they represent a view that most closely resembles my own, and therefore they get my support.
You said it best.

What he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies