Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Problem is, they are just telling you what the law is.

And wow, you really still don't get it. This isn't a "liberal" idea, it's the law.
and I will be happy to remind them of said law next time they get their panties in a bunch over a 1st Amendment Christian issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
and I will be happy to remind them of said law next time they get their panties in a bunch over a 1st Amendment Christian issue.
Like what?

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
I see you fail to understand the point, hence the double standard I mentioned.
Hmm let me read it again....

Quote:
I posted this because I already knew what the responses would be. Just look at how many of them took the bait. I plan on using this as an example of the lefts hypocrisy the next time they are against a 1st Amendment arguement because it is pro-christian or jew which should literally be any second now!

Nope I'm pretty sure I understand. You asked a question that you already knew the answer to so you could have proof of hypocrisy next time someone is against the 1st Amendment argument because it's pro-christian or Jewish...so you didn't really have a point...you just created a thread so that when this subject comes up in you have a reference.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Go right ahead.

Oh, except you won't have to, since THEY ALREADY KNOW THAT.

The ACLU Fights for Christians

Read some of the many cases on this website that prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Strel claims to be a libertarian and not a liberal. His many post would seem to contradict that.
I'm a liberal in the same sense that Thomas Jefferson was a liberal.

A fiscally conservative social libertarian gun toting capitalist liberal.

Sorry that I don't fit into your very convenient, but very incorrect labels.

This really is about nothing more than your ignorance of the law.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Hmm let me read it again....

Nope I'm pretty sure I understand. You asked a question that you already knew the answer to so you could have proof of hypocrisy next time someone is against the 1st Amendment argument because it's pro-christian or Jewish...so you didn't really have a point...you just created a thread so that when this subject comes up in you have a reference.
Correct, so show me how that is pointless. The hypocrisy of some posters on here is ridiculous. To discredit the usual cast of characters on here with there own words is hardly pointless.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Oh boy.

I was responding to that post:

I don't see how the poster is referring to the government.
Like I said, I covered both possibilities, because the President and Pelosi have both spoken out in favor of the Mosque, and the debate has (as it always seems to do), become a political football, with clear divisions along party lines.

But given your response here, my response still stands and is perfectly appropriate and accurate ...

The people are not restricted by the religious restrictions in the 1st Amendment. That restriction pertains only to government, so it doesn't matter whether it is private property or public property in respect to what the people can do ... are you missing the point here?

The constitution restricts government powers, and not the people who are free to exercise their religious freedoms ANYWHERE they choose to exercise them, which would include protesting the building of a religious cite that they might object to.

The fundamental issue of the separation of church and state is far too often misapplied to the people when it is totally inapplicable in every single circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I'm a liberal in the same sense that Thomas Jefferson was a liberal.

A fiscally conservative social libertarian gun toting capitalist liberal.

Sorry that I don't fit into your very convenient, but very incorrect labels.

This really is about nothing more than your ignorance of the law.
But in another tread you took offense at being classified as a liberal and stated that you were a libertarian. No mention of your obvious leftist leanings were given. Thanks for going into great detail about what box or boxes you fit into.

Quote:
Correct, so show me how that is pointless. The hypocrisy of some posters on here is ridiculous. To discredit the usual cast of characters on here with there own words is hardly pointless.
Then why haven't you done it?

All I have seen from you is you ignoring the valid points made against your nonsense comparisons of situations that are factually and legally very different, and then trying to say it is a double standard.

There is no double standard.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
But in another tread you took offense at being classified as a liberal and stated that you were a libertarian. No mention of your obvious leftist leaning were given.
Because that poster used liberal in the sense of leftist, which is not a definition with which I agree.

I am a liberal, but not a leftist. Is this too difficult to grasp? There are multiple definitions of "liberal."

Look them up.

And show me ONE SINGLE THING I said that can remotely be classified as Leftist. Just one.

It looks like you don't know what a leftist is either.

How can I be anti-union, and leftist? Please do explain that one to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies