Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I love how nobody can or has tried to refute this.
How can anyone? He is a muslim racist Marxist...... period. 3 strikes and he's out! right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Obama More Pro-Choice Than NARAL - HUMAN EVENTS

Ummmmm, no..
Not possible, there is no way a true Christian could vote this way.
It is just very simply NOT possible.
True Christians don't dwell on others' lives. They don't consider attending Church as a measure of their belief in Christ either (for that matter, Christians could learn from Christ... He preferred to connect with God by moving away from humanity not by congregating with them).

And BTW, Obama got 54% of Catholic vote despite threats from the church. Speaking of threats, and the idiotic rhetoric on anybody's religion as being a qualifier, the founding fathers, especially Madison and Jefferson, must be rolling in their graves. Their fears are as strong as ever. Obama is dealing with a similar issue that Jefferson did.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
"President Obama is a committed Christian, and his faith is an important part of his daily life," the statement read. "He prays every day, he seeks a small circle of Christian pastors to give him spiritual advice and counseling, he even receives a daily devotional that he uses each morning. The president's Christian faith is a part of who he is, but not a part of what the public or the media is focused on everyday.

I can't wait to hear from all of the Christian Haters here about what they think of Obama's Christianity, I have a feeling the rhetoric will not be forthcoming or will be markedly tamed down.
You got it...and the Pope is a ...Muslim.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:21 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
It's not really what we think about it. It appears it doesn't matter to Islamic thinking:

Obama is a son to a Muslim father. That means he is born a Muslim under Muslim law. He says his mother has a Christian background, that is irrelevant to Muslim law. Obama's conversion is a crime in the eyes of Islamic law and is akin to rebellion and treason.

From the New York Times:

Quote:
President Apostate?

But of all the well-meaning desires projected on Senator Obama, the hope that he would decisively improve relations with the world’s Muslims is the least realistic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/op...gewanted=print
Don't forget that, according to the Koran, if his Muslim faith is intact in his heart, he can lie about being anything he wants to be.

Surah 16:106 "Whoever becomes an infidel in God after he believed, except one who was forced and his heart is secure in faith; but whoever opens his chest to the unbelief, the anger of God will be on them and they will have great torment."

And that is one of my biggest problems with the Islamic faith. You are encouraged/taught that lying is okay if it helps you. The Bible does no such thing. How can you believe a religion that teaches lying is okay? Sure we have carnal Christians that lie, but we can judge/weigh those actions with the words of the Bible. They are simply liars and will have their place (Rev. 21:8). And as the Bible was written for all humankind, that places every liar there at the end of day - me, you and my dawg named Blue. LOL!

Last edited by Pressing-On; 08-20-2010 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It's not really what we think about it. It appears it doesn't matter to Islamic thinking:

Obama is a son to a Muslim father. That means he is born a Muslim under Muslim law. He says his mother has a Christian background, that is irrelevant to Muslim law. Obama's conversion is a crime in the eyes of Islamic law and is akin to rebellion and treason.

From the New York Times:

Don't forget that, according to the Koran, if his Muslim faith is intact in his heart, he can lie about being anything he wants to be.

Surah 16:106 "Whoever becomes an infidel in God after he believed, except one who was forced and his heart is secure in faith; but whoever opens his chest to the unbelief, the anger of God will be on them and they will have great torment."

And that is one of my biggest problems with the Islamic faith. You are encouraged/taught that lying is okay if is helps you. The Bible does no such thing. How can you believe a religion that teaches lying is okay? Sure we have carnal Christians that lie, but we can judge/weigh those actions with the words of the Bible. They are simply liars and will have their place (Rev. 21:8). And as the Bible was written for all humankind, that places every liar there at the end of day - me, you and my dawg named Blue. LOL!
1- So you're saying that Obama's denouncement of Islam would be punished by Allah. LOL. Oh, and a ham eating "Muslim" for that matter.

2- According to the Bible, when people moved away from believing in God, they were infidels. And God deemed it appropriate to kill them all (by Himself, or through "prophets").

I guess, you can start hating the Bible too.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I have only his long assocaition with the Rev. Wright to judge him by and that makes me believfe he is more like mnay policiticans i that he is one only in name. Otehr wise he couldn't have listened to that guy any more than a christian could join the clan.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Obama, like every opportunist and politician, says and does what he thinks will advance his agenda.
He is a people pleaser; he tries to be all things to everyone, but he ends up confusing everyone about what he believes and where he stands because he's all over the place.

A person who reacts to polls the way he does, is one who stands for nothing except himself.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Obama, like every opportunist and politician, says and does what he thinks will advance his agenda.
He is a people pleaser; he tries to be all things to everyone, but he ends up confusing everyone about what he believes and where he stands because he's all over the place.

A person who reacts to polls the way he does, is one who stands for nothing except himself.
A person operating on the premise of being a "people-pleaser" would do so by appeasing to the majority, not the minority. As in 80% of the population? For that, see Hitler.

Obama's honesty is getting in the way just as much as it did against Thomas Jefferson in 1800, and I'm speaking of attacks based on religion.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Hs is no where near a Christian. He lies about that, like he lies about everything else.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:00 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1- So you're saying that Obama's denouncement of Islam would be punished by Allah. LOL. Oh, and a ham eating "Muslim" for that matter.
And so you overlooked the point in the NYTimes article? He is born a Muslim because his father was a Muslim. That cannot be changed in their eyes.

Quote:
2- According to the Bible, when people moved away from believing in God, they were infidels. And God deemed it appropriate to kill them all (by Himself, or through "prophets").

I guess, you can start hating the Bible too.
God never ordered the Israelites to kill people in order to convert them to Judaism. It was a judgment toward idolatry.

"As I live, says the Lord God, I have no pleasure of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live." (Ezekiel 33:11)

He sends Jonah to the wicked city of Nineveh - "who do not know their right hand from their left." (Jonah 4:11). They were wicked and torturous people and Jonah was afraid to go and preach repentance to them. But, he was forced to go and the city did, indeed, repent of their wicked way.

Sodom and Gomorrah, although Abraham bartered for their lives (Genesis 18:25), they did not repent and were destroyed.

Before Israel was in bondage to Egypt God spoke to Abraham - "Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for four hundred years...And they shall come back here in the fourth generation, for the iniquity of the Amorites (a clan of the Cannaanites) is not yet complete." (Genesis 15,13,16)

God shows his long-suffering toward the Canaanites for 400 years because their wickedness, in His eyes, had not reached the point where He could not allow it to go on anymore. By the time he did allow the destruction of the Canaanites their culture was so corrupt and infused with ritual prostitution and even the sacrificing of children. God had had enough.

Why did He want these peoples and nations destroyed? "that they may not teach you to do according to all their abominable practices that they have done for their gods, and so you sin against the Lord your God." (Deuteronomy 20:18). God had reason to judge the Canaanites, Israel was simply the instrument of that judgment.

But, please note, that He allowed, many times, His own people to become enslaved to other nations (Egypt, Babylon, Assyria,) because of their idolatrous and sinful actions, turning away from Him. He held everyone accountable.

We must not forget that the OT covenant was replaced by a new and living way in the NT. So, we must not, erroneously, try to compare the actions of the OT with what is going on with Sharia Law in our present day.

The NT replaces the carnal with the spiritual, if so be the spirit of Christ dwells in you.(Romans 8:9) "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is from another place." (John 18:36). "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.." (John 1:11-12)

Last edited by Pressing-On; 08-20-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies