Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 04:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Islam is just a very naive and childish religion. It can't handle the fact that nature including humans act the way they do. People are not trees, where cutting off branches will render the desired shape.

Anyway, who do they think will take care of and pay for those zombies for the rest of their lives?
I think naive and childish is a very good description. Since Islam is 'technically' the baby of organized religion, they're going through very similar growing pains that other religions have gone through early on.

I think a lot of it is cultural though, as compared to religious. People do really wicked things based on religion, but it's more of an excuse than actual belief. Someone wants to rape a woman? Well, the bible/quran told me I could!!! Nah, that guy is just a rapist looking for an excuse to pillage.

I know plenty of Muslims that are genuinely good people, and they have been raised in a culture that is very unlike the cultures in heavily 'Muslim' countries, but are still technically Muslims.

Yes, their actions are horrible, but we can't treat all Muslims as if they're terrible people, just like we don't treat all Christians like the people who bomb abortion clinics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Sounds like a fish. Do they torcher fish there too?
I'm just going to use Wahhabism and Salafism as one, even though there is a difference. Just to skip a lot of stuff. And they refer to themselves as unitarians.

Abdul Aziz Al-Saud united forces with Muhammad Ibn Abd-al-Wahhab. Wahhab was a puritanical religious reformer. You know the same old same old of "our children are growing up amidst filth and they must change their wicked ways" puritanical stuff. The filth and wickedness found from the West, but more importantly found in Shia and Sufi's like so:
Newsvine - Destruction and annihilation of mystic practices at Sufi Tombs is the cornerstone strategy of Wahhabism

The House of Saud took care of the business but the religious stuff was left in the hands of the other family. So, the religious faction is steady driving home how bad the US (and the rest of Western civilization) is while the US is steady giving military equipment and defending the oil lines. This creates a dichotomy and one that the residents that live in Saudi Arabia live with as well.

So, this is like an exreme subsect of the Sunni's. It's based on a religious scholar named Ibn Taimiyya. The problem is in its exportation to other countries like Afghanistan and now in Africa, in order to create a jihad towards the then Soviet Union. See, this brand of extremism was used for purposes of war.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
We need to mind our own business. They have been doing these things for years, and how do we stop them ?? another WAR ?????? if we protest, they don't care. Do they protest when we electrocute a serial murderer ?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Go back to sleep, no rescue party is going in. Although, I would be really wary anytime someone raises the notion of going in to take over Saudi Arabia for humanitarian reasons, you know to spread democracy.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know plenty of Muslims that are genuinely good people, and they have been raised in a culture that is very unlike the cultures in heavily 'Muslim' countries, but are still technically Muslims.

Yes, their actions are horrible, but we can't treat all Muslims as if they're terrible people, just like we don't treat all Christians like the people who bomb abortion clinics.
Kind of like those old grandfatherly nice Nazis from Hitler's day sometimes found peacefully living out their lives.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Unbeleiveable, coming from the religion of peace. Yes, peaceful.

Saudi judge considers paralysis punishment - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100819/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_justice - broken link)
Since when did you guys care about Saudi Arabia's barbaric practices?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
you are actually equating the DP to purposely paralyzing someone? Wow, liberals are evil spirited people.
Agreed. The death penalty is more compassionate and humane compared to simple paralysis.

[Not really. Even though I favor the death penalty let's not kid ourselves.]

Old 08-21-2010, 05:02 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
I guess Islam is going through it's dark ages, just like Catholicism back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies