Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The thread isn't about Obama, it is about Wright. Please stay on topic.

See above.

I certainly do agree with the spirit of Wright's remarks although I would do so with a bit more specificity and nuance. But you are essentially correct.

Wright blames the entire white race?

To repost:

"We took this country by terror, away from the Sioux, the Apache, the Arowak, the Comanche, the Arapahoe, the Navajo. Terrorism." [True or False?]

"We took Africans from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism." [True or False?]

"We bombed Granada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel." [True or False?]

"We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenagers and toddlers, pregnant mothers, and hardworking fathers." [True or False?]

"We bombed Qaddafi's home and killed his child." [True or False?]

"We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to payback for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hardworking people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they would never get back home." [True or False?]

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye." [True or False?]

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and Black South Africans and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

NOW FOR THE FAMOUS LINES

"....the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent fairly, she failed. She put them on reservations. When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese decent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. The government put them in chains. She put them on slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in sub-standard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education, and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three strike law, and then wants us to sing God Bless America…no, no, no

Not God bless America, God damn America. That's in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating her citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

Where is the condemnation of whites much less the "entire white race" or is it your position that African Americans aren't a part of America?

Everything you posted is FALSE! It is made up in your mind and you try to push it as truth to your black bretheren. Who was the first man to actually turn an Indentured Servant into an actual slave? A black man created slavery that ran wild in the US. So in your rantings about how evil the white man is and how badly you blacks have it, be sure to include THAT little tidbit so your followers will know WHO actually enslaved them.

Also, America wasn't around when the Bible was written. Anymore lies you want pointed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
"The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color." [true or false?]

Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Everything you posted is FALSE!
American expansion wasn't the result of military and violent conquest of land inhabited by indigenous people?

America (black, white, indigenous, muslim or whatever) didn't transport Africans to the country, keep them in chattel slavery, and enforce that condition through intimidation, fear and violence?

The United States didn't kill innocent civilians during the invasion of Grenada?

The United Stated did not bomb the largely Afro-Panamanian neighborhood of San Miguelito?

The United States didn't bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki with an atomic bomb which led:

Dwight Eisenhower, in Mandate For Change, pg. 380, to state;

"During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face'. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude..."

Fleet Admiral William Leahy, in "I Was There", pg. 441, to state;

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.

"The lethal possibilities of atomic warfare in the future are frightening. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."

or

General Carter Clarke chief of military intelligence who was quoted at saying:

"...when we didn't need to do it, and we knew we didn't need to do it, and they knew that we knew we didn't need to do it, we used them as an experiment for two atomic bombs."

Is your delusional denial really that deep?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Surely you jest!
LOL! My man ovcatto. Says it perfectly with three words.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not in those words, no, but he did say "Jesus was a poor black man", and was killed by "rich white PEOPLE!" (emphasis Wright).

Did you watch the video? I'm guessing - no.
I've watched it multiple times. Since I have the practice of watching the live stream from Trinity before attending my local church, I also saw part of it that day.

Rev. Wright's point was that Jesus could have been born into a family with power and privilege, but instead he was born into a poor family in a nation under military occupation. Jesus experienced, in his life on earth, the life of the marginalized and oppressed. Rev. Wright's point being that that fact ought to bring comfort to people in similar conditions, because it is a sign that Jesus cares about them.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.
Nothing he said makes me feel oppressed at all.

I am simply not comfortable with having a president who calls this man a mentor when this man shouts from the pulpit "GODDAMN AMERICA!"

Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
American expansion wasn't the result of military and violent conquest of land inhabited by indigenous people?

America (black, white, indigenous, muslim or whatever) didn't transport Africans to the country, keep them in chattel slavery, and enforce that condition through intimidation, fear and violence?

The United States didn't kill innocent civilians during the invasion of Grenada?

The United Stated did not bomb the largely Afro-Panamanian neighborhood of San Miguelito?

The United States didn't bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki with an atomic bomb which led:

Dwight Eisenhower, in Mandate For Change, pg. 380, to state;

"During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face'. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude..."

Fleet Admiral William Leahy, in "I Was There", pg. 441, to state;

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.

"The lethal possibilities of atomic warfare in the future are frightening. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."

or

General Carter Clarke chief of military intelligence who was quoted at saying:

"...when we didn't need to do it, and we knew we didn't need to do it, and they knew that we knew we didn't need to do it, we used them as an experiment for two atomic bombs."

Is your delusional denial really that deep?

What's false is your imaginary victimhood. You and your America hating rhetoric. When are you leaving the country?

BTW, wars CAN absolutely be won by killing women and children. See WWI and WWII.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times
This is amusing. Obama denounced Wright's comments long ago and disconnected from him, yet folks are still compelled to defend Wright. How did Obama get you to do his dirty work for him?

If you need evidence that Wright holds racist beliefs, look at his NAACP dinner speech. He claimed that Blacks and Whites have different brains.

The belief that skin color determines characteristics and traits is the essence of racism. Do you still defend his racism?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Nothing he said makes me feel oppressed at all.

I am simply not comfortable with having a president who calls this man a mentor when this man shouts from the pulpit "GODDAMN AMERICA!"
Frankly, I can't think of a better pastor for self-proclaimed Christian politicians, Presidents in particular. A pastor who will constantly remind them of the gospels according to Christ. Someone who will constantly remind them that being powerful comes with responsibilities and that not using that power on behalf of the poor, the oppressed and the down trodden comes at an expense in the eyes of their god.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
[quote=Loveshiscountry;15585273]The actions of an individual is what defines the individual. The individuals race, religion, or sex is not the reason for that individuals actions.
your quote " "blaming" the white man for what the white man has actually historically done"

To single out a race and say that race, (or a religion) is responsible for the actions of some is repugnant.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest. Your statement is factually correct, however you know as well as I do that an overwhelming majority of the white population gave 100% support to what was done to the indian "savages", the ni@@ers, the wetba@ks, etc.

To suggest that most white Americans were not totally on board with these dark chapters in our history is not factual nor truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies