Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:36 AM

504 posts, read 455,908 times

Advertisements

Look folks looking for an honest discussion here.

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:51 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,575,727 times
" I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking."

You are just playing the race card again. You're basically saying that they don't like him because he is one of them negroes. As long as you see things this way, there will never be an "honest" discussion with Wright's critics.

Wright is a racist and hateful man who claims to be a "reverend". He uses his pulpit to lie about some made up "injustice" by Americans. After damning America, he can go home to a million dollar mansion in a gated commmunity. I wonder how much money he scammed from his parishioners to be able to buy it.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,061,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
" I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking."

You are just playing the race card again. You're basically saying that they don't like him because he is one of them negroes. As long as you see things this way, there will never be an "honest" discussion with Wright's critics.

Wright is a racist and hateful man who claims to be a "reverend". He uses his pulpit to lie about some made up "injustice" by Americans. After damning America, he can go home to a million dollar mansion in a gated commmunity. I wonder how much money he scammed from his parishioners to be able to buy it.
This just shows that you refuse to try to see. Why?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:32 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,950,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

Please list the injustices that he mentions that are "made up"??

As for as his statement that God would damn America, he was totally correct; but to people like you that would be nade up also!!

Old 08-21-2010, 11:49 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,948,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Surely you jest!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,277,535 times
Quote:

I know most of you only have clips and snippets courtesy of Fox news but still I am interested in what Wright said that is so off and just makes you feel so oppressed.

I think its more that he stands up for himself than he has done anything to anyone plus you play him up just to try and hamstring Obama.

If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses who want to believe in something to explain their suffering.

I think its a generational thing SOME older whites dont lke their negroes to talk so flippantly or to look them in the eyes while talking.
What is interesting about the whole "Reverend Wright Affair" is how one ten to twenty second clip was used to paint Reverent Wright as some kind of evil villain. The same tactic was used to vilify Shirley Sherrod.

How many Americans have actually listened to the ENTIRE speech that Reverend Wright made? If you are a hard-core right wing conservative you aren’t going to like the speech. But the speech was about injustices that American has perpetuated here in this country against other American and injustices that have been perpetuated abroad in countries like Viet Nam. There is nothing that he said that was not true. But some folks don’t want to believe anything but America is the land of the free and home of the brave.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 PM

37,882 posts, read 21,972,634 times
Quote:

You really do not get it do you.

Rev. Wright is a window into 0bama's black heart of lies, deception, lack of character and integrity.

Our president called this man his mentor for 25 years, he performed the 0bama's marriage ceremony, he baptized 0bama's kids, he was 0bama's inspiration to supposedly write a book, 0bama said, on long trips, he took along the DVDs of Rev. Wright's sermons for inspiration, and then 0bama tosses Rev. Wright under the bus; 0bama said:

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw yesterday. The person that I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," he said. "His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church. They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs."

As if 0bama is a witless, hapless fool of a man, an ignoramus, and a man completely unable to judge the character of other people, that for twenty years he was unable to judge the character of Rev. Wright, which only took most Americans five minutes.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,948,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You really do not get it do you. :confused
I know that I don't.

Care to explain? Please spares us the metaphors and perhaps try using a few facts and a couple of substantiated analytical remarks.

Thank you in advance.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:12 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,305,977 times
Wright is an idiot who promotes class and race divisions to gain popularity. He falls into the same camp as Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. Instead of working to mend strained relations, he fuels people's desires to continue the divisions. He's the anti-Martin Luther King.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,664,482 times
This is funny, OP.

First you said:

Quote:
Rev. Wright, What exactly did he say that you disagree with.
Then you said (bold is yours):

Quote:
If it wasnt for Wrights association and spotlight with Obama he would just be another nameless religious hustler preying on the ignorance of the masses
Doesn't your assertion that he's a hustler answer your first question?

Further, you just identified the Obamas as a part of the ignorant masses. Your argument is so good, I suppose I would have to concur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies