Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Authorities in Sweden Saturday withdrew rape and molestation charges filed a day earlier against Julian Assange, the Australian-born founder of WikiLeaks.

The move comes just ahead of the expected release of thousands more secret U.S. military documents by the online whistleblower group, causing its supporters to speculate that the charges were part of a smear campaign aimed at discrediting Assange and interfering with the release.

Read more: Sweden clears WikiLeaks founder - Charles Hoskinson - POLITICO.com

Very interesting. I bet this guy dies in an "accident" within the next year or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 11:05 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
this guy is a model world citizen.

It only makes sense that the establishment would try to take him out.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
TPTB don't like what he's doing.

I thought we were supposed to have "transparency" in the government regarding the GOOD things they are doing..not the BAD.

I hope this guy doesn't turn up "suicided" like many nuclear/biological scientists did.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:09 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
this guy is a model world citizen.

It only makes sense that the establishment would try to take him out.
Model world citizens don't release the names of informants working with our troops and thus, put their lives in danger.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:13 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Model world citizens don't release the names of informants working with our troops and thus, put their lives in danger.
Why would they be in danger? Oh right, because they threaten the government's military industrial complex.

It's pretty sad that this guy is risking his life trying to the hold the government accountable, and some people are still on the government's side.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Source? I thought that he removed names from the documents.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:16 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Julian is one of the most watched, and hunted men on the planet, and hounded by sycophants, head hunters, wanna be's, star **uckers, so he's "target of the hour." I hope he finds some peace, and gets on with his work. I am in support of what he's doing. I will never admire the Pentagon reptiles.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:45 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,073,191 times
You people make me sick!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Source? I thought that he removed names from the documents.
Joint Chiefs Chairman Mullen: WikiLeaks release endangers troops, Afghans
A Washington Post search of the 76,000 reports released by WikiLeaks turned up at least 100 instances dealing with Afghan informants. In some of the reports the informants' names and villages are listed along with the names of the insurgent commanders that they had discussed with U.S. and Afghan officials. The secret reports also include the name of at least one U.S. intelligence operative.
Afghan informants' lives at risk from documents posted on WikiLeaks | The Australian
HUNDREDS of Afghan lives have been put at risk by the leaking of 90,000 intelligence documents to WikiLeaks because the files identify informants working with NATO forces.
In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, The Times found the names of dozens of Afghans credited with providing detailed intelligence to US forces. Their villages are given for identification and also, in many cases, their fathers' names.
WikiLeaks document release endangers Afghan lives: US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100728/wl_sthasia_afp/uspakistanafghanistanmilitaryintelligenceinformant s - broken link)
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Informants whose names appear in the documents posted on the whistleblower site WikiLeaks have reason to fear for their lives, a Pentagon spokesman said Wednesday.
At least one person who named appeared in the documents has already complained to US officials in Afghanistan, said Colonel David Lapan.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:29 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Joint Chiefs Chairman Mullen: WikiLeaks release endangers troops, Afghans
A Washington Post search of the 76,000 reports released by WikiLeaks turned up at least 100 instances dealing with Afghan informants. In some of the reports the informants' names and villages are listed along with the names of the insurgent commanders that they had discussed with U.S. and Afghan officials. The secret reports also include the name of at least one U.S. intelligence operative.
Afghan informants' lives at risk from documents posted on WikiLeaks | The Australian
HUNDREDS of Afghan lives have been put at risk by the leaking of 90,000 intelligence documents to WikiLeaks because the files identify informants working with NATO forces.
In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, The Times found the names of dozens of Afghans credited with providing detailed intelligence to US forces. Their villages are given for identification and also, in many cases, their fathers' names.
WikiLeaks document release endangers Afghan lives: US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100728/wl_sthasia_afp/uspakistanafghanistanmilitaryintelligenceinformant s - broken link)
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Informants whose names appear in the documents posted on the whistleblower site WikiLeaks have reason to fear for their lives, a Pentagon spokesman said Wednesday.
At least one person who named appeared in the documents has already complained to US officials in Afghanistan, said Colonel David Lapan.
I am very shocked. I don't think he should he endanger the lives of so many innocent Afghans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies