Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

His next career will be D list celebrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 04:45 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
he'll do what sarah palin is doing, write books and make tons of money selling them to the gullible sheeples. and live happily ever after.
I imagine that your prediction is the most likely. Write books, become an 'elder statesman', make speeches telling audiences what HE would do if he were in charge, etc.

I have witnessed quite a few Presidents in 'retirement'. Strangely, they all seem to have firm, no-nonsense answers after they leave power.

Of course, President Obama will, no doubt, engage in the nonsense that every other modern president has done since Truman: plan their Presidential Library with great fanfare.

Note: I have only visited one presidential library, that of Mr. Truman. It was somewhat interesting (he had a replica of the Oval Office, with a recording that he made explaining what you were seeing). I have never had the desire to visit any of the others (I only visited Truman's due to being in Independence visiting my wife, who was part of a conference, and there was not a whole lot else to do).

Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingyouatadistance View Post
white people won't make the mistake again, and they will be more numb to racially motivated attacks from blacks
White people made the same mistake twice with Bush so why not Obama.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Thank you for your most august opinion but I happen to disagree. The next POTUS will not be a Democrat.
Hey, let's abolish the position. It's just a dog and pony show anyway. Seriously.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm going with community organizing. His disdain for whites is his defining characteristic, and shaking down white people is all he knows. He is unlikely to change.
I'll go with that one. He hasn't distanced himself from the teaching he received from Jeremiah Wright's church. That is very apparent.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:40 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,510,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good point! As the saying goes, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". Just substitute "went broke" with "lost an election".

Old 08-21-2010, 07:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
What you talking about?

He'll be re-elected and after 2016 (since the Repubs have no chance with since no candidates worthwhile are coming forward), he'll go back to what he was doing before. Be a lawyer, or be a professor. Oh, he'll do the speech tour as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Who do the repubs have to run who is electable?
you people are rather short sighted arent you? huckabee, gingrich, pawlenty, jindal, romney, all have a good chance of beating obama in 2012. who comes to the forefront though wont be known until late 2011 anyway, so lets get through the 2010 elections before we move on to 2012 shall we? regardless of who seems to be out front now, there is likely to be a surprise in the 2012 campaign. remember that the democrats had NO front runners in 2002 and 2006 for president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
After he leaves office (he'll be re-elected in 2012), he will certainly have the opportunity to make some money on the speech circuit. I would think he'll get back into law ... perhaps a judge? ... or teaching.
he may or may not get reelected, but likely he will go back to teaching law, and working the lecture circuit. as for being a judge, not likely.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you people are rather short sighted arent you? huckabee, gingrich, pawlenty, jindal, romney, all have a good chance of beating obama in 2012.

thanks for the laugh

Old 08-21-2010, 09:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Who do the repubs have to run who is electable?
Electable you say? If the election were held today anyone of the top current 5-6 would win easily over Obama.

Long ways away yet to know who will come out but I can tell you that the
Rep party has a tons of great smart rising stars in the making. I see one of them rising to the top and winning he WH in 2012.

Dems, well they have your man bama and he stands no chance against anyone who is a legit candidate from the rep side.

The rep party will not nominate a weak left wing thinker like McCain again.
McCain was just tossed out there as meat.

The plan was to allow Obama to win, team up with the dem and do exactly what they are doing, telling the majority of Americans NO and not getting anything done since they took control in 2007.

What can the dems run on? With zero accomplishments and massive job losses, record foreclosures and bankruptcies, the people are blaming the dems for all of this since they have been in control for all these years.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

This white person did not make a mistake with Bush.

I thrived under Bush, my business grew out the roof and I am glad I sold it when I did as the current owner is about to go under thanks to the dems running congress for the last 3 1/2 years and killing the economy and jobs.

Barry has no chance, get over it. He is toast.

He had the world in his hands and blew it big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies