Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Advertisements

have some fruitloops a cup of coffee and catch the shock and awe on CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 11:37 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
"If You Wake Up to Learn That Israel Has Attacked Iran How Would You React?"

First I would recall my Ambassador to Israel, if I had one.

I would write a strongly worded condemnation, with enough caveats so that it really wasn't a strongly worded caveat, which I would send to Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu (who as I am constantly reminded went to the same high school as my wife and her brothers) via City-Data.

I would then sit down shake my head and make predictions about what a ****storm this is going to start.

Then, and most importantly, I would go about my usual abnormal day.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:37 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
The first thing would be to make sure I am prepared for $5.00+ per gallon gasoline. Not that an I/I War would trigger a cost issue as Isreal does not export oil and we do not buy from Iran, but I am sure there would be some type of overnight shortage

Outside of that I would probably out do CueBalled, as I would probably add bacon

As far as reality, I would sit back for about a week and watch Isreal show the world how you really deal with issues in the Middle East. As someone who spent time as an American GI with the Isreali Airborne I can tell you first hand that they do not mess around.

You will not see thier soldiers being ordered to coddle militants, they care less about being a social worker, and there is no such thing as the Obama medal for NOT firing your weapon. They just provide rogue miltants with a little practice to thier preach, in short total submission as it is the only thing they understand. To bad after 40+ years sticking troops in this armpit of the world we have not figured it out yet.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Starting in about 3 weeks, i'll be in Iraq for the next year. If Israel attacks Iran, I imagine my days will consist of an extremely heightend security posture.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
What took them so long?
Yes -- and knowing how horrible the government of Iran is on it's own citizens, how little freedom exists in Iran, I would place my bets on Israel.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
have some fruitloops a cup of coffee and catch the shock and awe on CNN
Let Isreal loose with Benji Net leading the charge, "Shock and Awe" would be an understatement.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Starting in about 3 weeks, i'll be in Iraq for the next year. If Israel attacks Iran, I imagine my days will consist of an extremely heightend security posture.
Your going to Iraq Aero? Now CNN and MSNBC has informed me over and over again that full victory is being declared and we have withdrawn
You certainly cannot be military correct?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Quote:
Good Luck!

But, I thought we were getting out!

Quote:
The first thing would be to make sure I am prepared for $5.00+ per gallon gasoline.
$5.00 if we are lucky.

My guess is that the Iranian Navy has an active mining mission in the Persian Gulf.

Also, Iranian Special Forces may have certain oil and gas pipelines well targeted (especially in Turkey and the UAE).

Hezbollah has plenty of cash to pay Somali pirates for nighttime missions in the Gulf of Aden.

So not only would LNG transports be severely impacted, dry bulk cargo would be disrupted as well!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
I would hope that Iran beats the hell out of the Zionists.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Africa a greater concern

I'm sick to death of the never-ending bickering and conflict in that region of the world and I'm convinced that there can be no peace there unless they completely destroy each other. This would be my hope upon hearing this news.

Africa is a far greater concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies