Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:16 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

Liberals are not taking over the media, either. The media isn't about ideology. The media is a business. It's about ratings. The sooner you accept reality, the sooner you'll stop sounding like the typical right-wing sheep.
As opposed to sounding like the typical bleating left-wing goat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM

308 posts, read 711,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
Another interesting tidbit is that abortions are far more common in the RED states than BLUE.

Most conservatives think Massachusetts is the devil's playground when, actually, MA has the lowest divorce rate of any state in the union. Isn't that strange? The state that seems to value marriage THE MOST is also open minded enough to want to extend that right to same sex couples without feeling threatened that their marriages will be damaged.

Ya know, on that point - could any of you conservatives explain to me HOW same sex marriage damages traditional marriages? If anything is damaging traditional marriage - it would seem that heterosexual divorce leads the pack.

Do you have a link, with facts, to validate your statement??

Old 06-27-2007, 03:20 PM

308 posts, read 711,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
So you advocate the back alley death scenario?

I hear this talking point used by Liberals all the time.

Do you have 1 example of a woman dieing in a "back alley abortion"?

Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,467,844 times
The media is a business. It's about ratings.

You are correct on that one and that is why liberal radio and liberal cable news cannot compete. No one will listen to their ridicules diatribes, conspiracy theories and skewed “news”.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 PM

626 posts, read 992,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Quote; Because it's a line you have been fed by talk radio.

Aqualung this is for you and everyone

I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE LISTENED TO TALK RADIO. I listen to music on the radio. It's not that I am opposed to talk radio but my radio insists on playing music.
It doesn't matter. That's where the idea originated. You either acquired it first-hand or second-hand. You didn't gain it from observation, because observation proves the contrary.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
It doesn't matter. That's where the idea originated. You either acquired it first-hand or second-hand. You didn't gain it from observation, because observation proves the contrary.
What are you talking about. This makes no sense. . . first-hand knowledge is usually gained by observation.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM

467 posts, read 324,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Libertarian View Post

My mother's sister.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
Quote:

This is a two click link.
First you can read the background about this woman, and then, only if you want to, you can click on a *very graphic* photo of a woman who died from a botched illegal abortion.

One more warning: the photo is very graphic and very sad, but it is two clicks away, this link does not lead directly to it:

Gerri

Old 06-27-2007, 03:41 PM

467 posts, read 324,657 times
Quote:
Do you have a link, with facts, to validate your statement??

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/cgi-bin/healthfacts.cgi?action=compare&category=Women's+He alth&subcategory=Abortion+Statistics&topic=Number+ of+Abortions

Old 06-27-2007, 03:45 PM

626 posts, read 992,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
What are you talking about. This makes no sense. . . first-hand knowledge is usually gained by observation.
First-hand or second-hand from talk radio. Which means, maybe her husband listens to talk radio and parrots Rush Limbaugh's propaganda to her. That would be second-hand. First-hand would be listening to Rush Limbaugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies