Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey, if you want to be accepted, stop committing acts of terrorism. Approval and acceptance is not unconditional, and US citizens would be insane to welcome and foster Muslim communities. It seems as though poverty, violence, and suppression of rights seems to follow them wherever they go. I would not want additional mosques or muslim community centers in our community either. Who would?
I would. Falafel, hummus, and schwarma dinners are so much better than the spaghetti fundraisers at the Baptist church down the street. Yum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, I know. My point is that there was already a Mosque and now it has become a major talking point for right wing fear mongering. Their a bit late in their protestations and people are too damn stupid to relaize how this is being used as a wedge issue
It is not surprising about that the Repubs, and even some Dem politicians, are jumping on the current hot button. The Repubs particularly, have been doing that for over a year. This issue is just another. As despicable as it is, very predictable. There certainly are a large number of Americans showing that the terrorists were successful on 9/11. Many are doing, pretty much exactly, what the terrorists wanted. And it is not restricted to ground zero.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, I know. My point is that there was already a Mosque and now it has become a major talking point for right wing fear mongering. Their a bit late in their protestations and people are too damn stupid to relaize how this is being used as a wedge issue
Yes, you are correct. . . I'm not sure it's stupidity, but it could be. . . .I think there are an awful lot of people out there that are just too lazy to get the facts and apply critical thinking skills. . . .they'd much rather "identify with a sound bite" especially one that engages their anger, and then repeat it mindlessly! Very sad, and this, ultimately, will be the destruction of this country. . . .

Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Hey, if you want to be accepted, stop committing acts of terrorism. Approval and acceptance is not unconditional, and US citizens would be insane to welcome and foster Muslim communities. It seems as though poverty, violence, and suppression of rights seems to follow them wherever they go. I would not want additional mosques or muslim community centers in our community either. Who would?
Should we be scared of Catholic priests? Just curious. After all, they're pedophiles. OK, they're ALL not pedophiles, but hey, if you want to be accepted, stop committing acts of pedophilia. Approval and acceptance is not unconditional, and US citizens would be insane to welcome and foster Catholic communities. It seems as though unwanted sexual relations between men and boys seems to follow them wherever they go.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times
Quote:
I would and I am Jewish. There is something as freedom of religion and if you stop one group which group is next? Maybe Hindu, maybe Jewish, maybe Zoroastrianism.

It was not even 200 years ago when Jews were not allowed to hold public office in some states, where temples could not be built. It was not even 200 years ago when this nation feared Catholics and it this fear was even part of a major political party's platform. Elections were won across the country on an anti-Catholic crusade. How wrong they were.

Either this nation acts like its enemies or it embraces without fear its ideals and trusts in the wisdom of the Founders.

All the Muslims I know are middle class or even more well off. How many do you know?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Either this nation acts like its enemies or it embraces without fear its ideals and trusts in the wisdom of the Founders.

Wiser words were never uttered on this forum! Thank you Newhandle!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
progressives are disgusting with thier hatred of America and love for all that tries to kill it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
First, they came for the Muslims, and I said nothing, because I was not a Muslim.

First they came... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
You need to insert the hispanics in the list, because they are coming for them too. I don't know who will suffer more, the muslims of the hispanics.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:00 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know who will suffer more, the muslims of the hispanics.
hopefully the progressives as a whole.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What does any of this have to do with ground zero?
Read the thread headline several times and see if you can figure it out all by yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies