Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,128,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The thread's about Israel having the courage(or not) to attack Iran yet you're attempting to turn into somehow making it the responsibility of the US, but I suppose that's OK because it's you, eh?
It isn't a matter of courage, it's a matter of thrust-to-weight ratio and the fact that Israel's F-15Is only have a combat radius of 790 miles.

I guess I could dumb it down and say "It's physics, stupid!" for those who just don't get it.

Maybe I'm expecting way to freaking much to ask people to consider the fact that it's monsoon season and that's why Israel won't be doing anything soon.

Who on this forum wants to know why?

Well, the winds are blowing southwest, which means burning uranium will float across the Persian Gulf and contaminate the Gulf States. And Saudi Arabia. And Jordan. And Israel. I'm certain US and British sailors in the Persian Gulf with their respective fleets will be equally thrilled to spend lots of time decontaminating their ships.

Perhaps the real question is does Israel have the courage to injure its own people, because that's effectively what it would be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:57 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,463,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
never, EVER underestimate the will and strength of God's people.
Are you f'n kidding me?

Let God defend them then.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 PM

915 posts, read 1,188,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
I am not a Muslim... but I will say this...
Muslims are a lot closer to the true Israelites
than the secular edomite-jews could ever be.

by the way

Hamas was fostered by the terrorist edomite-jew state
to counter the Russian backed PLO.

"Al-Queda" who are they ?

Al-Qaeda = "The Base"... the base of what ?

The base of the pillar ?

~

It was a mistake that the American government also made: to counter a terrorist enemy you create a new organization for them to fight with. The unfortunate result is that the monster you created is even worse than the first. America funded the mujahedeen in Afghanistan to combat the USSR, and Saddam Hussein to combat Iran.

Could you elaborate how Muslims, including non-arabs such as Indonesians and Persians, are closer to Israelites than Jews?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
You know that not true. Islams goal is to wipe out all religions except for their own. Jews are on top of their list. Christians have already been nearly wiped out in the Middle East (except for Lebanon & Syria).
In Iraq, that's sort of true, but only because we--the United States--isolated and then ousted the secular government in favor of a coalition of religious yahoos.

Saddam Hussein used to issue official Christmas messages each year. Try being a Christian in Iraq now.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
This says it all. It perfectly sums up your attitude toward America's interests and responsibilities, both strategic and moral, in the world. Which is that there are none, nothing.
Our interests are to protect Americans, end of story.

Quote:
If you had been around 70 years ago, and you had had your way, the Nazis would have won WWll. We can only imagine the horrific cosequences of your policy.
You don't have to imagine, you can merely look at what actually happened in China, Indochina, the Middle East, etc., and picture the reverse image. Not very nice, to put it mildly, in either direction.

Quote:
Thankfully there are very few like you. You are an extremist. And all of your views on this forum, including your incessant attacks on Israel, reflect your extreme ideology.
What does ideology have to do with it? I don't want to risk dying for Israel; I don't give a **** about Israel. That's about as un-ideological as you can get.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,183,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It isn't a matter of courage, it's a matter of thrust-to-weight ratio and the fact that Israel's F-15Is only have a combat radius of 790 miles.
I thought Israel had tankers to refuel 'em? I'm pretty sure when they hit Tunisia with F-15s it was farther so they must have some sort of aerial refueling platform.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
The poster to whom I responded (in post #34) stated that the US should not have intervened in WWll. My point was that isolationists of both the far left and far right do not believe that America has any moral or strategic interests in the world worth defending, and that that policy would have led to a Nazi victory, which would have been disastrous.
Nazi victory=USSR victory=millions slaughtered for no good reason.

Nazi loss+USSR loss=maximum benefit for civilized nations.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:09 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,438,216 times
I hope their reactor has a serious meltdown.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:43 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,329,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

What does ideology have to do with it? I don't want to risk dying for Israel; I don't give a **** about Israel. That's about as un-ideological as you can get.
Your are isolationist to the extreme. You have repeatedly said that YOU OPPOSE AMERICAN INTERVENTION TO STOP THE NAZIS 70 years ago. That position reveals that you couldn't give a damn about the strategic or moral interests of America or Europe or anyplace else. To you there is NO cause worth "to risk dying". There are no such things as moral or strategic interests and for you there never will be. Not 70 years ago, not today, never. It's a sick, discredited outlook on the world called absolute isolationism.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:12 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,345,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post

It was a mistake that the American government also made: to counter a terrorist enemy you create a new organization for them to fight with. The unfortunate result is that the monster you created is even worse than the first. America funded the mujahedeen in Afghanistan to combat the USSR, and Saddam Hussein to combat Iran.

Could you elaborate how Muslims, including non-arabs such as Indonesians and Persians, are closer to Israelites than Jews?

First let me clarify some history and my use of terms.

Arabs, Israelites and Edomites all share a common origin, Abraham.

Arabs trace their lineage through Ishmael, who they say God chose.

Israelites trace their lineage through Isaac and Jacob who they say God chose.

Edomites trace their lineage through Isaac and Esau and they have been
trying ever since to reclaim what they think is their birthright - usually by
making war on Israelites.

Around 120BC, the Israelites defeated the Edomites. Then the high priest
and king of Israel did something very stupid. He forced the "conversion"
of the Edomties and the Edomites became "jews." At the time of Christ
there were two different types of "jews" in Palestine, Israelites and Edomites.
King Herod, who tried to murder the Christ child, was an Edomite-jew.

Arabs - and by extension most Muslims - follow their version of God's Law
that is very similar to God's Law given to Israelites [not to the Edomites]
in the Old Testament.

The current Edomite-jew state is secular, not religious... that is why
it is the only nation in the Middle East that glorifies homosexuals and
parades them through the streets of Tel Aviv [violating God's Law
for Muslims and Israelites.]

The current secular Edomite-jew state usurps and impersonates "Israel"
and "Zion" to further it's own political and territorial agenda. It does not
fulfill OT prophecies of the regathering of the tribes of Israel, nor can it -
because Edomites are not Israelites.

However, it does fulfill many other OT prophecies... in Ez36 & Is63, etc.

~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies