Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What is anti-gay to you?
I already quoted the comments that I found anti-gay. If you don't think the comments are anti-gay, fine.

Quote:
Just because someone doesn't agree with what you think, does not make them a bigot.
First of all, I never called anyone a "bigot", and secondly, I wouldn't call someone a bigot for simply disagreeing with me. I get the impression that you've been called a bigot for your anti-gay statements in the past, and so you're hypersensitive about it. But hey - own it. If you're bigoted toward gays (and it appears that you are), at least accept it and admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Whooooeeee, this thread has really turned into something else....as others in the beginning of this thread stated: It is a PRIVATE SCHOOL, NOT A PUBLIC SCHOOL, end of discussion.....
Private or public, it still reflects the attitudes towards gay and lesbians parents that many people have. So it is still very much a relevant discussion.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:39 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Self-absorbed gay parents using small children as political fodder to further their Gay Agenda? I'm shocked. No, really.

It's no wonder countries like China bans homosexuals from adopting children. Wish we'd do the same if all they're going to do is use the poor kids for political gain, and posing as mascots in their little gay pride parades to show the world how "normal" they are.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:51 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Private or public, it still reflects the attitudes towards gay and lesbians parents that many people have. So it is still very much a relevant discussion.

Oh please, stop the drama....The funny thing is, the people that I love and know,(some of whom are gay and lesbian) agree that this is a NON-ISSUE. We talked about this today, and they just laughed at this couple. Something about being "media whores". It's over, and should have NEVER made it this far(CNN). Enough of the, "oh woe is me" mentality. Time to move on to something more important, like equal rights for all, where it is a public issue, not a private one.....

Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's the difference between taking kids to anti-choice rallys or teabagger gatherings?
Or is that different somehow?
What are "teabagger" gatherings?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:12 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What are "teabagger" gatherings?

I think some on here really enjoy teabagging, since they talk about it so much

Old 08-25-2010, 02:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Oh please, stop the drama....The funny thing is, the people that I love and know,(some of whom are gay and lesbian) agree that this is a NON-ISSUE. We talked about this today, and they just laughed at this couple. Something about being "media whores". It's over, and should have NEVER made it this far(CNN). Enough of the, "oh woe is me" mentality. Time to move on to something more important, like equal rights for all, where it is a public issue, not a private one.....
I don't think it's a major issue. The news loves to report grievances and complaints of any kind so it's no surprise the story made the news.

That said, I don't think there is any harm in discussing it. Even though this specific case is about a private school, I do think it does raise another issue worth discussing: is it fair to persecute a child for something their parents did or because of who their parents are? That can be applied to anything, not just homosexuality.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't think it's a major issue. The news loves to report grievances and complaints of any kind so it's no surprise the story made the news.

That said, I don't think there is any harm in discussing it. Even though this specific case is about a private school, I do think it does raise another issue worth discussing: is it fair to persecute a child for something their parents did or because of who their parents are? That can be applied to anything, not just homosexuality.
"Persecute"? That's a strong word for a private company exercising their right to make choices.

I feel fairly certain that the four year old will not carry a lot of mental scars from the incident except for the maybe fear of all the bright lights. One must wonder,...if the parents truly have the best interest of the child at heart, why would they subject it to all the media frenzy? It appears that the issue is less about education and more about gays.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:27 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
The "bottom line" here is that this so-called "Christian " school can't be that great of a school if they are prejudiced against a four year old based on who her parents are. Discriminating against a four year old child is not supported anywhere in the bible. Certain religious groups have always used the bible to support their hate and bigotry, but in this case they haven't a leg to stand on because there is nothing to quote. Yes, this is a private school and they might have the "right" to discriminate against the child, but I highly doubt that this something Jesus would have wanted. Therefore, this is a blessing in disguise for these parents because their original goal was that they wanted their child to have a "Christian education." Obviously, this school does not have Christian values. I wish these parents the best of luck.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Those uppity lesbians. Next thing you know they will want to drink from the same water fountains as straight people.

Whole world is going to heck!.
I wonder why when the topic is homosexuality, there is almost the constant need to draw a parallel with the mistreatment of blacks in America? Sorry, but this irritates me to no end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies