Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 PM

767 posts, read 489,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
not really slicing them up they end them at a time to make it sound like somebody was saying something he was not i remember once it showed glenn beck saying how segragation was good and black will make whites sick with there diseases. What they didn't sohw was that he was quoting woodrow wilson who he hates. That was the most blatant example i remember
I haven't seen any clip like that. I've searched their archives but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Many clips that media matters puts up of Beck are at least 5 minutes long. The most recent one is almost 10 minutes long. How long does a clip have to be so that it not be considered "editing" Should I dismiss every clip on Glenn Beck's show? Hannity's show, O'Reilly's show? Fox New's show?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM

531 posts, read 338,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I haven't seen any clip like that. I've searched their archives but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? Many clips that media matters puts up of Beck are at least 5 minutes long. The most recent one is almost 10 minutes long. How long does a clip have to be so that it not be considered "editing" Should I dismiss every clip on Glenn Beck's show? Hannity's show, O'Reilly's show? Fox New's show?
I never said anythnig about how long it is. Glenn Beck showed that clip on his tv show today so its not liek hes trying to hide it. That's assuming your talking about him with the imam?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 AM

Heres my issue I watch Fox and read media matters and watch the daily show. Can you say the same or do you only watch 2 of the 3?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Ok i see the 10 minute clip in question. Him talking about Israel. What did he say that you disagree with? Nothing he said was false the worst you can accuse him of is connecting puzzle pieces that aren't there

Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
I never said anythnig about how long it is. Glenn Beck showed that clip on his tv show today so its not liek hes trying to hide it. That's assuming your talking about him with the imam?
I"m talking about the allegation you made that mediamatters purposely edited a video to make it look like Glenn Beck supported segregation. I searched and searched but could not find any such story. Do you have links? You also said that they often edit his segments and don't show it in it's entirety, thus taking it out of context. I think 10 minutes is plenty and long enough to get the picture. It's not like they are taking a soundbite.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Behind Obama Muslim myth stands the right wing | Media Matters for America Heres an example no fox commentator that ive seen has said obamas a muslim. They have been asking why do people think that.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I"m talking about the allegation you made that mediamatters purposely edited a video to make it look like Glenn Beck supported segregation. I searched and searched but could not find any such story. Do you have links? You also said that they often edit his segments and don't show it in it's entirety, thus taking it out of context. I think 10 minutes is plenty and long enough to get the picture. It's not like they are taking a soundbite.
They do sometimes take soundbites. You can beleive me or not but i honestly don't feel like searching for a video. The best way for you to find out is watching fox. If you watch fox then read media matters then you will know whose lying. If you still think its Fox then thats fine atleast you tried. I started watching Glenn Beck only becuase of how he was talked about on media matters and the daily show. I soon noticed hes not the man they paint him to be. I mean not at all.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Behind Obama Muslim myth stands the right wing | Media Matters for America Heres an example no fox commentator that ive seen has said obamas a muslim. They have been asking why do people think that.
I don't see any mention of Fox News in the link, so I don't know why you brought Fox news up? Besides, the question asked in this thread is not about their analysis, but about audio and video clips, none of which are in the links you supplied.

FOX News: Obama Raised as Muslim presented by zigvid

Quote:
They do sometimes take soundbites. You can beleive me or not but i honestly don't feel like searching for a video.
I searched google and mediamatters archives and found no video or audio doctored by mediamatters to make Beck sound like a segregationist.
Quote:
The best way for you to find out is watching fox. If you watch fox then read media matters then you will know whose lying. If you still think its Fox then thats fine atleast you tried..
Except that I'm not talking about what they write, I'm talking about the audio and video clips. How can a video lie? You keep bring up their analysis when the OP is about video clips.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I don't see any mention of Fox News in the link, so I don't know why you brought Fox news up? Besides, the question asked in this thread is not about their analysis, but about audio and video clips, none of which are in the links you supplied.

FOX News: Obama Raised as Muslim presented by zigvid
Look right wing media and fox generally goes without saying in media amtters language. I answered your question. You don't accept my answer. The only way to know is to watch fox and find out for yourself. Thats what I did. The video you posted was just showing evidence all of which is true. They didn't say he was a muslim they just showed the evidence. I enjoy knowing that evidence and think i have the right to know it.I DO NOT THINK OBAMA IS A MUSLIM. I don't want to provide proof. You have to watch Fox. The proof is in the pudding. If you watch Fox then read media matters you will know what im talking about. I am not talking anymore. You did not want an answer you wanted an argument. You asked why do people not like these links. I told you why. IM DONE

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 AM

Default Is this what they call circular arguments/logic?

Quote:
Look right wing media and fox generally goes without saying in media amtters language.
I thought Fox News was fair and balanced, and non biased. Now you say they are right wing????
Quote:
I answered your question. You don't accept my answer.
No you didn't. You accused mediamatters of something and I asked for proof. You failed to provide it.
Quote:
The only way to know is to watch fox and find out for yourself. Thats what I did. I don't want to provide proof. You have to watch Fox. The proof is in the pudding. If you watch Fox then read media matters you will know what im talking about. I am not talking anymore. You did not want an answer you wanted an argument.
I don't know how Fox news plays into any of this.
Quote:
You asked why do people not like these links. I told you why. IM DONE
And you replied that their writings are biased, which is a fair allegation. Not sure what this has to do with the legitimacy about audio clips, which is the crux of the OP. You keep on saying that mediamatters edits their videos, yet you can't supply any links to mediamatters as examples, apparently I have to go to Fox to see the doctored video. That makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies