Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times

Advertisements

My wife and I were having a discussion about an hour ago on this subject. We both went to see some recent footage of their shows and sure enough Beck is seen almost on a constant basis in them. In fact right now, I am watching it and sure enough their on their soapbox about who else? Beck, of course! He was the #1 story(concerning the Mosque) on the Maddow Show. We see more of Beck on MSNBC than we do FOX. Why is that?

Common sense tells me that if you do not agree with something, why are you going to constantly put that subject or object in plain view and talk about it EVERYDAY? The more attention Beck receives from MSNBC, it seems the more popular he has gotten. Maybe that is what they really wanted all along......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 AM

475 posts, read 571,136 times
Uh.. sure, just like Tea Party-goers just loooooooove President Obama.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Uh.. sure, just like Tea Party-goers just loooooooove President Obama.

Ok, so that is your answer? Just wondering why they run a Beck story like very 5 minutes?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Beck gives us liberals pretty good material on a consistent basis.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 AM

475 posts, read 571,136 times
Sort of like Obama and his administration are good for fodder for conservatives.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 AM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Why did the gals on the view ask Obama about Snookie. Ratings. MSNBC is in love with ratings. Glenn Beck is a train wreck, and that makes great television, which means high ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Beck gives us liberals pretty good material on a consistent basis.

I agree with that. It just seems ludacris to have this subject on your news program day in and day out, especially one that your main viewers disagree with. I can understand having Obama(he is the President after all), or the Wars, or any "news worthy" entity on a regular basis. I guess to us, it just seems they would be better suited to have more liberal thinkers on their program and not Beck(as his show is on rival FOX).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Sort of like Obama and his administration are good for fodder for conservatives.
Obama's lack of fiscal restraint during a recession is indeed good fodder for conservatives. As was Bush's lack of fiscal restraint when we weren't in recession, but we never heard anything about it then did we?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I agree with that. It just seems ludacris to have this subject on your news program day in and day out, especially one that your main viewers disagree with. I can understand having Obama(he is the President after all), or the Wars, or any "news worthy" entity on a regular basis. I guess to us, it just seems they would be better suited to have more liberal thinkers on their program and not Beck(as his show is on rival FOX).....
The thing is that Beck speaks for himself to me. But the fact that he has such a loyal audience is proof that he doesn't for everyone else. There needs to be somebody in the mainstream media refuting the garbage that he spews on a daily basis.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
MSNBC is in love with ratings. Glenn Beck is a train wreck, and that makes great television, which means high ratings.

I get that. True story: My wife's cousin who lives in Germany emailed us about this very subject. We did not give it much thought, until tonight. That's when we really paid attention to MSNBC and watched as story after story was about Beck or something related to Beck. Inga(wife's cousin) thought Beck's show was on MSNBC. We had to explain to her that no, his show is on Fox, which suprised her, as much attention as he receives on MSNBC........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies