Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,778,350 times

Advertisements

Employers don't have to fight claims, they only have to deny them. It is the employee who has to fight and I highly doubt a minimum wage worker has the resources to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 AM

20,365 posts, read 19,980,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Companies get what the pay for. Minimum wage means minimum level of professionalism. Surprised we don't see more of this sort of stuff.
How much should a pizza delevery person be paid?

Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Employers don't have to fight claims, they only have to deny them. It is the employee who has to fight and I highly doubt a minimum wage worker has the resources to do so.
An example:

Unemployment Compensation -- Misconduct

Nothing in there indicates misconduct being defined by an employer's alleged racist remarks.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,360,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
From unveiling a new recipe to promising more honest ads, Domino's has done a great deal to restructure its image in recent months. And then some jackass delivery guy in North Carolina has to go and ruin the fun for everyone by dropping the "N word" on a customer's receipt.

Domino's Delivers Racism To Your Front Door In Under 30 Minutes - The Consumerist

"I don't have all of the facts but from what I've seen the Domino's employee acted stupidly." "We all know that African Americans and Latinos have a long history of disproportionate bad service from pizza delivery people." "I intend to invite all of the parties to the White House for a beer." Film at 11........

Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
While this man was in the wrong, black people seriously need to start tipping better. Its beyond ridiculous the way black people tip the pizza guy, their bartender, or a server at a restaurant. If they didn't tip outside of the norm, then their wouldn't be a reason to be bringing this issue up in 2010.

This social issue kind of irks me more than most, as I have been a server and bartender in the past, and witnessed their tipping habits first hand.
And, of course, you have served the vast majority of black folks in this country. I tip according to the service received. If the service is good, I am very generous. If the service is poor, I want the server to know I am dissatisfied. I have never felt obligated to leave a percentage-based tip for poor service. Perhaps some people subconsciously provide subpar service to blacks due to a preconceived expectation (such as yours) of receiving a smaller tip.

There is no justification for the behavior of this delivery person. It speaks volumes that you chose to focus on the “poor tipping habits of black people,” rather than the despicable behavior of the delivery person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies