Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

The silence from the left is deafening. I'd be embarrassed to show up on this thread too, if I were them. But then again, to be a Liberal i'd have to be completely devoid of a certain level of principle and patriotism. I can say for sure that that circumstance will never happen. If they had any principle or patriotism, they be here alongside us conservatives denouncing this blatant abuse of taxpayer money.

I'm glad they're staying silent. As far as i'm concerned, its the Window to the World of Liberal Ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Funny how it just keeps getting overlooked....Yet they are still bashing Fox news! Keep it up guys!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The silence from the left is deafening. I'd be embarrassed to show up on this thread too, if I were them. But then again, to be a Liberal i'd have to be completely devoid of a certain level of principle and patriotism. I can say for sure that that circumstance will never happen. If they had any principle or patriotism, they be here alongside us conservatives denouncing this blatant abuse of taxpayer money.

I'm glad they're staying silent. As far as i'm concerned, its the Window to the World of Liberal Ideology.
I think there is a chance that you can't even embarrass THEM into taking part when they know they are going to be wrong.

I can discuss what Glenn Beck is talking about today in that it is the way the State of New York has changed history in that they glorify Islam and and are smearing Christians. I think that anybody who is not liberal should see at least the middle 10 minute segment on the site that shows his shows in their entirety, sans commercials. He just told how they say in one of their books that the first real hero of the Revolution who had been known as Peter Salem and had a city in Massachusetts named after him was really named Saleem. That has some Muslim backing and the story is enough to make one sick.

Ain't it nice not to have them in here deflecting as I just did? Laura did such a good job of finding a topic they wouldn't come in deflecting all over the place and I have done it. Sorry, good people.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Separation of Church and State unless the Church happens to be of a religion favored by liberals.
What religion is favored by liberals?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Yep, it's true--we fund cultural preservation projects around the world that include Islamic heritage sites...It's been going on for some years now.

Quote:
In 2003 when the Justice Department declared that the U.S. Constitution’s Establishment Clause did not preclude federal funds from going to preserve religious structures if they had cultural importance.

Here's a list of the current projects and list of funds under the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation. Included are historic sites in the Muslim world along with places such as a 16th Century Buddhist Monastery in Nepal, restoration of a 13th-Century fortified church in Transylvania, colonial-era chapels in Bolivia and Guatemala, and documentation of traditional Khmer dance techniques in Cambodia.

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/office-of-policy-and-evaluations/ambassadors-fund/afcp2010list.pdf (broken link)

USAID did contribute to a project to save a 1000-year-old Islamic mosque in Cairo from rising groundwater contaminated with sewage. In addition they've also helped fund a $15 million restoration project with the Egyptian government to help rescue a Greek Orthodox church in Cairo threatened by rising water levels.

USAID Telling Our Story: Egypt - Rescuing a Greek Orthodox Church in Old Cairo (http://www.usaid.gov/stories/egypt/ba_egypt_grigis.html - broken link)

We were contributing to similar projects throughout the world (including Islamic sites) during the Bush Administration.

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/chc/2005-6afcpannual.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-24-2010, 04:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

The left is busy being stultified by the irony of Fox News.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yep, it's true--we fund cultural preservation projects around the world that include Islamic heritage sites...It's been going on for some years now.

Here's a list of the current projects and list of funds under the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation. Included are historic sites in the Muslim world along with places such as a 16th Century Buddhist Monastery in Nepal, restoration of a 13th-Century fortified church in Transylvania, colonial-era chapels in Bolivia and Guatemala, and documentation of traditional Khmer dance techniques in Cambodia.

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/office-of-policy-and-evaluations/ambassadors-fund/afcp2010list.pdf (broken link)

USAID did contribute to a project to save a 1000-year-old Islamic mosque in Cairo from rising groundwater contaminated with sewage. In addition they've also helped fund a $15 million restoration project with the Egyptian government to help rescue a Greek Orthodox church in Cairo threatened by rising water levels.

USAID Telling Our Story: Egypt - Rescuing a Greek Orthodox Church in Old Cairo (http://www.usaid.gov/stories/egypt/ba_egypt_grigis.html - broken link)

We were contributing to similar projects throughout the world (including Islamic sites) during the Bush Administration.

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/chc/2005-6afcpannual.pdf (broken link)
Oh noes its those pesky facts again....

And this is nothing new as you said

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/chc/2006-7afcpannual.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-24-2010, 04:51 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
So much for the "separation" everyone is preaching! I know we should edit all all the posts that preach the mosque is oksy because of the seperation clause, and make them come up with a new arguement!

If the hypocrisy is not plain as day, I don't know what is!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:51 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh noes its those pesky facts again....

And this is nothing new as you said

http://exchanges.state.gov/media/pdfs/chc/2006-7afcpannual.pdf (broken link)
Yeah, it's kind of surprising that once facts are posted, no one really wants to discuss this issue anymore...

The silence is deafening...

Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yeah, it's kind of surprising that once facts are posted, no one really wants to discuss this issue anymore...

The silence is deafening...

Huh..what was that? I didn't hear you over all of the silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies