Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I said it was a circus.....hope those protesters feel USED because that's what happened....what a ridiculous thing to get upset about....oh, and didn't it just take attention away from any REAL news/controversy/problems/issues....
Rupert Murdoch, Beck, Hannity etc. are USING the American Conservative Movement to line their pockets and by being a mouthpiece for political policies that favor the richest corporations and in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
7% stake must mean a lot more to you than it does to people who actually invest.
So you think 7% of NewsCorp is pocket change? Why don't you go ahead and take over, I'm sure it is profitable business. That way, you get to be the super savior, stopping the funding of the "terror mosque" from Fox News. Those terrorized people will love you forever.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
In 2008 he was estimated to be worth $21 billion. If he funded the entire Mosque he, himself, could build 210 of them... The people claiming the money he's made from his investments in News Corp need to come up with more evidence that he only used his profits from that investment to fund the $100 million project. Otherwise this entire thread is a facade to just gossip even more about Fox News.
Keep drinking the FAUX NEWS kool-aid!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its Fox who is playing this guilt by association game.

If your going to use this guilt by association line of attack it works both ways, not just for those you don't like, but for yourself as well.
True enough, afterall doesn;t GE own both NBC & MSNBC and haven't they sold parts and technology to Iran that have been used against US service men and women via Hamas? Yes, guilt by association leaves NBC and MSNBC as murderers of our military.

I'm glad this came out about hte Saudi Prince, maybe he can be eliminated from financing anything or travel to the US. The US has courted the Saudi royal families for too long and to our detriment. It must stop.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Fox could mimic NBC Universal and only spin/report positive news about its owners and investors. Real news would be critical of all sides not just the side opposite of your CEO who happens to be on the economic team of Obama.

The real problem here for all those most vocal:

Quote:
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

So if I was a billionaire would I invest in failing ventures like NY Times, CNN, MSNBC, NBC.. et al or would I pick the one that actually makes money? Of course if I had the same interest in mind that many in here do I would always pick fail, or flail.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
True enough, afterall doesn;t GE own both NBC & MSNBC and haven't they sold parts and technology to Iran that have been used against US service men and women via Hamas? Yes, guilt by association leaves NBC and MSNBC as murderers of our military.

I'm glad this came out about hte Saudi Prince, maybe he can be eliminated from financing anything or travel to the US. The US has courted the Saudi royal families for too long and to our detriment. It must stop.
He was one of the largest donors to Harvard too...

Old 08-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Keep drinking the FAUX NEWS kool-aid!
Don't think how silent you get when facts surface hasn't been noticed.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Fox News this, Fox News that.....the left just HATES that conservatives have a major media outlet in their corner. Of course most of the rest of the media is left, but that never counts for the left.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Fox News this, Fox News that.....the left just HATES that conservatives have a major media outlet in their corner. Of course most of the rest of the media is left, but that never counts for the left.
If you're falling of the left-sided cliff everything to the right looks like it is far right.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Fox could mimic NBC Universal and only spin/report positive news about its owners and investors. Real news would be critical of all sides not just the side opposite of your CEO who happens to be on the economic team of Obama.

The real problem here for all those most vocal:

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

So if I was a billionaire would I invest in failing ventures like NY Times, CNN, MSNBC, NBC.. et al or would I pick the one that actually makes money? Of course if I had the same interest in mind that many in here do I would always pick fail, or flail.
So if I can capture the essence of the point here its alright for FOX to critcize a mosque because of terrorist donations but also iacceptable for billionaires with terrorists connections to invest in FOX because its profitable?

Addtionally Fox is a respected network and NBC spins the news? God help us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies