Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times

Advertisements

Original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
O M G!!!

I hard Beck on the radio, a clip from the revival meeting....he equated geese flying over as a SIGN FROM GOD!!!!!

W H A T ????!!!!!!!!!!

Please! Even Beck supporters...you buy that???

That's insane!

Hope everyone there got "anointed" by the Geese of God....LOL!!!!!!!!!
Second post:

Quote:
Why can't anyone explain to me about the geese?

Why are they a sign from god as your messiahBeck said?

What IS the sign? Sign of what?

HOW could he interpret geese flying as a sign from god....geese fly all the time.

HOW could anyone believe a word he said after that?

The man sees secret messages in flying birds!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Evidently you think you answered who-me's question with this post?

"Sorry, I actually work for a living ... I don't spend all my time waiting for threads to post on.

I happened to love the geese flyover.

Coincidence? Maybe. Sign from God? Maybe. Geese just flying south for the winter? Maybe.

Who knows? I would never be so presumptuous to say I know it all.

The older I get the more I know that there are things in this world that defy explanation.

Whatever it is or was, it was actually a pretty neat thing to watch.

And is it so horrible to think that maybe it was a sign from a higher power? Whatever Beck's motives - there were hundreds of thousands of people there who came with the best intentions ... there was no violence, no uprisings and no litter either.

People really need to lighten up."

But her question was, if it was a sign from God, what did the sign mean?

And you pointedly didn't answer that question, while endlessly putting down people and claiming that you did. Uh, no, you didn't.
Uh, yes, I did.

Because the original question was "did you buy that?" Meaning, "did you believe that the geese were a sign from God?" (But considering the source, I should probably take the word "buy" at face value and he probably meant "Did you buy the geese that GB used at the rally?" but wahtever.)

And the post you so nicely highlighted from me in red, was what I answered after the first post.

So, uh, yeah. I did answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I did.

If you have people on ignore, you shouldn't get upset that your questions aren't being answered.
No, you didn't answer the question.

I do not have anyone on ignore nor have I ever put anyone on ignore ...WHY do you say things when you have no proof or evidence?

It's stupid to assume others have certain emotions when one has no proof or evidence . YOU must get upset when someone doesn't reply to you IF you automatically think others do. That's an odd reaction....

AND...who is chasing who?(or is that whom??)

Old 09-01-2010, 03:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Geez the Cardinals lost 5 games in a row since Beck's rally, is that karma or what!

The Cardinals have dropped 5 games since Glenn Beck rally (http://www.digitalsportsdaily.com/mlb/3186-the-cardinals-have-dropped-5-games-since-glenn-beck-fiasco.html - broken link)

Last edited by meson; 09-01-2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Geez the Cardinals lost 5 games in a row since Beck's rally, is that karma or what!

The Cardinals have dropped 5 games since Glenn Beck rally (http://www.digitalsportsdaily.com/mlb/3186-the-cardinals-have-dropped-5-games-since-glenn-beck-fiasco.html - broken link)
Are you saying that's some kind of sign?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post

Some lefty needs to tell poor meson that his link doesn't work. I am on ignore so I can't tell him. Also, he put me on warning about DMs so I just can't talk with him. I guess it is because he can't think he is handling me. The link is broken.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
That is exactly what he wants to say. Pujols took the medal from Beck's people and his manager presented it to him. Those two are now enemies of all anti-Christian thinkers, or so meson wants us to think.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Original post:

Second post:

Uh, yes, I did.

Because the original question was "did you buy that?" Meaning, "did you believe that the geese were a sign from God?" (But considering the source, I should probably take the word "buy" at face value and he probably meant "Did you buy the geese that GB used at the rally?" but wahtever.)

And the post you so nicely highlighted from me in red, was what I answered after the first post.

So, uh, yeah. I did answer.
Uh, no, you didn't. Because when you stated "I did", it was to a post by who-me asking:

"Why can't anyone explain to me about the geese?

Why are they a sign from god as your messiahBeck said?

What IS the sign? Sign of what?"

Where did you explain that it was a sign from God, and what the sign meant? You said "I did" to these questions. But, in fact, you didn't.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That is exactly what he wants to say. Pujols took the medal from Beck's people and his manager presented it to him. Those two are now enemies of all anti-Christian thinkers, or so meson wants us to think.
A string of sporting losses seem to me to be as valid a "sign" as a flock of geese flying over. Now if a goose had landed on stage, and laid a golden egg, given Beck's involvement with gold sales, that would have been a heckuva sign, doncha think?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Nah I just think it's really funny!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
No, you didn't answer the question.

I do not have anyone on ignore nor have I ever put anyone on ignore ...WHY do you say things when you have no proof or evidence?

It's stupid to assume others have certain emotions when one has no proof or evidence . YOU must get upset when someone doesn't reply to you IF you automatically think others do. That's an odd reaction....

AND...who is chasing who?(or is that whom??)
I did.

You asked if anyone believed that the geese flying over was a sign from God. I said maybe.

So. Yep.

Did I answer the rest of your questions in the second post?

No.

But I've addressed you in other threads and you've ignored me, so we're even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies