Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
It's in the United States. Is it racist?
You are comparing this to D.C? Are you kidding me? They are not warning people of the citizens of Arizona, they are warning against illegals and drug war related crime. C'mon now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
What do you mean by "those neighborhoods"?

Why is Denver segregated by "racial/ethnic makeup"?

I've been in the neighborhoods recommended to stay out of in DC.

Denver is one of the least segregated cities in the US.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-25-2010 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
I apologize, The link I was referring to with Maddow was on a different thread.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are comparing this to D.C? Are you kidding me? They are not warning people of the citizens of Arizona, they are warning against illegals and drug war related crime. C'mon now.
They are warning people about a dangerous area in the United States. I didn't know that it mattered if the people were Mexican as opposed to African-American. Seems like the message is the same. Telling people to use extreme caution, and warning them that it's not a safe place to be. That sign is no more a judgment of Hispanic people than the other warning is a judgment of African-Americans. It's just informing people about the areas they might not know about.

It's exactly the same thing, a warning of potential danger, only that sign was posted by the feds. Suggesting that people use common sense and try to stay out of dangerous places is always a good message. It's advice that you can choose to take or not take, but everyone has a right to know about it.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Used to find me down around O and P and a half streets... southeast. Good time was had by all.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
They are warning people about a dangerous area in the United States. I didn't know that it mattered if the people were Mexican as opposed to African-American. Seems like the message is the same. Telling people to use extreme caution, and warning them that it's not a safe place to be.

It's exactly the same thing, a warning of potential danger, only that sign was posted by the feds.
Too much of a stretch, sorry. Not the same at all! You are not responding to a Beck supporter here, so I'm a bit too smart for that type of feeble attempt at spin. Nice try.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:30 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Too much of a stretch, sorry. Not the same at all! You are not responding to a Beck supporter here, so I'm a bit too smart for that type of feeble attempt at spin. Nice try.
You didn't read my posts where I said I have no use for Glenn Beck. Couldn't care less if he never got another second of air time again.

It's exactly the same thing.

Warning people about potential danger.

If you think it's a feeble attempt at anything, you're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Anyway, wherever you go, be safe.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've been in the neighborhoods recommended to stay out of in DC.
Which neighborhoods exactly?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-25-2010 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: quote removed

Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
No, I am not.

Which neighborhoods exactly?
The guide specifically warns “Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line.” You need to use the Green/Yellow line to get to the National Archives, where the Constitution is kept. Is the government aware what a dangerous neighborhood it’s in?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM

133 posts, read 72,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Grow up....no I'm not racist and you have no idea what my family make-up is. The difference is it doesn't matter to me if you think I am. I know who I am and that's all that matters to me.
um....I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and darn it people like me." WHO said that? I can't remember now. lol Who's talking about your family? What does that have to do with the Rachel Maddow show and/or the Tea Party guide to DC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies