Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is a logic error, sorry. The areas FOX said to avoid are majority black.
Which happen to be the dangerous areas......so you tell me then, do you too think that all blacks are dangerous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
How do MLK'S and Becks view's differ?
I asked the the question. Don't deflect by answering with a question. Where are their views the same? On equality?

On his radio show today Glenn Beck continued to urinate all over the meaning and legacy of Martin Luther King, by claiming that King would support a new Arizona education policy that bans courses that are designed for students of a particular ethnic group, and prohibits teachers with a heavy accent from teaching English. Beck said, “This I believe Martin Luther King would be for.”
Glenn Beck Invokes MLK in Support of Racist Arizona Education Ban

Who is Beck going to hijack next...Ghandi?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Which happen to be the dangerous areas......so you tell me then, do you too think that all blacks are dangerous?
You know, on another thread you said you don't call people racists lightly. I'm not dignifying your accusation with an answer. Quit twisting my words!

FOX said to avoid some dangerous areas, which happen to be majority black. FOX said it, not me! In fact, I said I've been in some of those neighborhoods (not as a visiting nurse, BTW, just as a tourist) and nothing ever happened to me. FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! Can I make that any clearer? FOX said it!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 PM

133 posts, read 72,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Probably. Still, he has the right to do it. Nobody has to show up if they don't want to be there.
Nobody's trying to hinder Becks right to free speech. People are just responding with their right to free speech by saying they think he's full of it and he's putting on a big book launch party but he's calling it something else in order to deceive and get a lot of attention ......while pretending he's all about honoring the troops or something. Not pointing out bs when you see it is sorta like condoning it. Agreement via silence in a way.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I asked the the question. Don't deflect by answering with a question. Where are their views the same? On equality?

On his radio show today Glenn Beck continued to urinate all over the meaning and legacy of Martin Luther King, by claiming that King would support a new Arizona education policy that bans courses that are designed for students of a particular ethnic group, and prohibits teachers with a heavy accent from teaching English. Beck said, “This I believe Martin Luther King would be for.”

Considering Dr King wanted EQUALITY I agree with Beck on this.

And wouldn't you consider it racist to avoid telling people which areas of the city are dangerous simply because there are black people living in the area.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
You know, on another thread you said you don't call people racists lightly. I'm not dignifying your accusation with an answer. Quit twisting my words!

FOX said to avoid some dangerous areas, which happen to be majority black. FOX said it, not me! In fact, I said I've been in some of those neighborhoods (not as a visiting nurse, BTW, just as a tourist) and nothing ever happened to me. FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it!
It really doesn't matter who said it. I'm glad that nothing happened to you. But you can't deny that bad things do happen in rougher areas. So you were lucky. Again, I'm glad for that. Or maybe you were smart and were aware of your surroundings. Not everyone does as well as you did.

Honestly, I have known people in life (not friends) who would have attacked you for walking down their street just for the fun of it, and just to see the look on your face.

To deny this element exists would be silly. The best way to avoid it is still to use common sense when you pick your spots. When people might not know what those spots are, there's nothing wrong with someone tipping them off.

Or are we so politically correct now that we just feed people to the wolves?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM

133 posts, read 72,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

WTF! Beck really said that crap!? That Neanderthal has absolutely no shame. And those who worship his every word are even worse!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:

FOX said to avoid some dangerous areas, which happen to be majority black. FOX said it, not me! In fact, I said I've been in some of those neighborhoods (not as a visiting nurse, BTW, just as a tourist) and nothing ever happened to me. FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! FOX said it! Can I make that any clearer? FOX said it!
's

But you are insinuating Fox is racist by informing people of high crime areas. You are the one that said it's all blacks...not Fox.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:25 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandoSanchez View Post
Nobody's trying to hinder Becks right to free speech. People are just responding with their right to free speech by saying they think he's full of it and he's putting on a big book launch party but he's calling it something else in order to deceive and get a lot of attention ......while pretending he's all about honoring the troops or something. Not pointing out bs when you see it is sorta like condoning it. Agreement via silence in a way.
That's basically what I said. You can do it. He can do it too. Look around the forum... There are people who don't want him to be able to do it. Personally, I don't care if he never gets another second of air time again in his life. But I do care if someone tries to silence him as a citizen. And people do try.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
's

But you are insinuating Fox is racist by informing people of high crime areas. You are the one that said it's all blacks...not Fox.
You are being very disingenuous with that statement. FOX knows as well, if not better, than I do, that the neighborhoods it recommends avoiding are areas of high black population. In addition, I never once, repeat that, never once, said they were areas of ALL blacks. I have also said I didnt' think these areas were *that* dangerous. FOX is the one that needs to accept some responsibility. FOX is the one being racist. I'm tired of these personal attacks, calling ME a racist for pointing out FOX's racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies