Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Under Supreme Court rulings, those born in the USA have citizenship, which can only be lost by voting in a foreign election, volunteering for service in a foreign military, or filing renunciation papers with the Secretary of State if resident in the USA, or the nearest embassy if residing outside the USA.
The State Dept position is that a U.S. citizens chooses to maintain his citizenship unless the citizen claims otherwise.

So you don't really have to be dead and your hands don't have to be cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,385,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So what about the people in Dearborn that are not Muslim that have to endure the constant prayer calls by the muezzin in public? That's not practicing religion in private is it?
And what does that PERSONALLY have to do with me? Oh right, it doesn't. However, MY OWN religious practices in private very MUCH effects me.

I don't live there, so how do you expect me to have control over it? Oh right, I'm supposed to communicate with people I've never spoken to in my life and ask them to do something that has little contingency on me. It's not like I'm hooked up to some great Muslim mothership, and supposed to go "pretty please with cherry on top"

Man, what great logic you have!

Don't you guys get it?

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Quote:
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
So I have nothing to worry about, no matter how much you want to whine about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
The State Dept position is that a U.S. citizens chooses to maintain his citizenship unless the citizen claims otherwise.

So you don't really have to be dead and your hands don't have to be cold.
Except I haven't DONE any of those things. I don't even have dual citizenship. What does that have to do with the topic at hand anyways? I'm an AMERICAN. DEAL WITH IT!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-26-2010 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation -- please only post pictures you have taken yourself.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
And what does that PERSONALLY have to do with me? Oh right, it doesn't. However, MY OWN religious practices in private very MUCH effects me.

I don't live there, so how do you expect me to have control over it? Oh right, I'm supposed to communicate with people I've never spoken to in my life and ask them to do something that has little contingency on me. It's not like I'm hooked up to some great Muslim mothership, and supposed to go "pretty please with cherry on top"

Man, what great logic you have!

Don't you guys get it?

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

So I have nothing to worry about, no matter how much you want to whine about it

Except I haven't DONE any of those things. I don't even have dual citizenship. What does that have to do with the topic at hand anyways? I'm an AMERICAN. DEAL WITH IT!
Would you be willing to answer a question that actually does have to do with you especially if you can't answer the question?

What is the Muslim Brotherhood and what is their aim as far as the US is concerned?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would you be willing to answer a question that actually does have to do with you especially if you can't answer the question?

What is the Muslim Brotherhood and what is their aim as far as the US is concerned?
Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website

Yep, heres their official English speaking website.

They are largely a Egyptian organization, whose stated goal is to instill the Qur'an as the center of Egyptian law.

You know Egypt is a Muslim country right? The Egyptian government has not allowed them to become an official political party, because their stated goal is to establish a religious state, which is against the Egyptian constitution.

And Egypt is far more radical than, lets say Jordan.

So lets not get bent out of shape for a pseudo political party in Egypt, and a supposed "100 year" plan that comes from sources that I already debunked earlier.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Too bad I've done NONE OF THE ABOVE. Since I was born here, and had grandparents who FOUGHT for the US in WW2 (in the Philippines), its pretty unlikely that you can personally do anything to strip my citizenship

Good work. You can't do anything about it.

Ahh, feels good. Sorry that gets under your skin, but you're just going to have to deal with it

What some of you guys assume is that I get representation from groups like CAIR or the Wahhabists (considering I am a different sect of Islam that they like, I'm sure they'd want to kill me), despite the fact that I'm not affiliated with any of those groups AT ALL. I have never directly benefited from anything they've done or said. You ASSUME that they speak for me, when they don't. When have I ever personally said they speak for me?

Too bad, I guess. There are other problems to worry about way bigger than this one facing the US right now. I can practice my religion in private, and in peace because the United States CONSTITUTION doesn't prohibit me from doing so. Get it?
No one wants to strip you of your citizenship, just behave yourself! Oh,BTW, we do have our eye on you.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website

Yep, heres their official English speaking website.

They are largely a Egyptian organization, whose stated goal is to instill the Qur'an as the center of Egyptian law.

You know Egypt is a Muslim country right? The Egyptian government has not allowed them to become an official political party, because their stated goal is to establish a religious state, which is against the Egyptian constitution.

And Egypt is far more radical than, lets say Jordan.

So lets not get bent out of shape for a pseudo political party in Egypt, and a supposed "100 year" plan that comes from sources that I already debunked earlier.

Muslim Brotherhood profile from Discover the Network

Quote:
With the assassination of Sadat in 1981 by a smaller radical Islamist group, the Brotherhood charted a more mainstream course, and in 1987 won many government seats in an “Islamic Alliance” with other parties. Although it remains officially banned, the Brotherhood actively participates, with success, in Egypt’s parliamentary elections, running candidates as “independents” under the slogan “Islam is the Solution.”
Quote:
In May 1991 the Muslim Brotherhood issued to its ideological allies an explanatory memorandum on "the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America." Explaining that the Brotherhood's mission was to establish "an effective and ... stable Islamic Movement" on the continent, this document outlined a "Civilization-Jihadist Process" for achieving that objective. It stated that Muslims "must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house by their hands ... so that ... God's religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions."

Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
It's obvious by now that a lot of fear has been generated through the different media. In todays world we have an unlimited supply of notions, ideas, and fear. The symbiotic relationship of media and fear/hatred should be be easy to see, but it's not. I'm reminded of that time in Germany when the fever pitch of fear and hatred led ordinary folk to participate in what they saw as striking a preemptive blow to their enemies, and eradicating those enemies took the act of murder to a new dimension and scale.

American's are not doing very well right now, is this the "right" time to roll out the bait wagon that hate groups everywhere have used in the past? Propaganda is a very complicated science, first, it must contain some authority, and it must have large elements of the truth in it's overall weave, and most of all, it must produce a sense of urgency. Once the populace feels that twinge of uncertainty they will be looking for further clues telling them what action is necessary, at that point it's like herding cattle, get them moving in one direction and police the flanks for wanderers.

Moderation is seldom as damaging as extremism, we have our own religious extremists here in the US, and they are every bit as dangerous as any other group of fanatics that preach the gospel of hate. Hating and fearing are the two edges to that sword so favored by the ignorant, extremism knows no theological boundaries and all religions seem to have their fanatics, so, I'll reserve my disdain for all of those on the extreme side of things.........

Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
I've noticed something as of late. Whenever radical Islam is exposed, what do the liberal fight back with? "Well there for radical Christians too you know!" That's a statement that we all should take as they recognize, but refuse to acknowledge, the threat that radical Islam is upon the Western world, because they are afraid that they will be seen as "insensitive racist intolerant bigots" because that's a label reserved only for white heterosexual Christian men apparantly!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So what about the people in Dearborn that are not Muslim that have to endure the constant prayer calls by the muezzin in public? That's not practicing religion in private is it?
Have you ever been to a baptist church as they are really loud and the neighbors don't need to attend because they can here them quite clear.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Have you ever been to a baptist church as they are really loud and the neighbors don't need to attend because they can here them quite clear.
Do they preach over a very loud bullhorn attached to the roof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies