Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:57 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times

Advertisements

This thread is depressing.

A vacation, to me, is when I get three days off in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Only when Michele goes WITH him!
Didn't the Obama's pay for her trip to Spain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post

You need a new job!
I hope you make the most of your time off. Don't spend it cleaning.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Appears Jake Tapper is having a slow news day....

Old 08-25-2010, 02:04 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
I think its rather ridiculous that many on this thread that claim to care about the middle class and what they are going through. Is so willing to thumb their nose at them. Because many on here is able to take vacations and get away they want to ignore the many more that cant.

Maybe those on here should feel blessed to be able to take them and be humble for those that arent. For those that are humble are the ones truly blessed.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM

531 posts, read 338,173 times
Jesus you people take a lot of vacations. IM 19 and live with my parents so im no better but im gonna talk about my parents. If they even take the weekends off it rare. How do you go about taking 3 or more vacations a year?? If my parents can take 3 in 3 years there lucky.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post

Oh wow I remember those days. What kind of work do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I think its rather ridiculous that many on this thread that claim to care about the middle class and what they are going through. Is so willing to thumb their nose at them. Because many on here is able to take vacations and get away they want to ignore the many more that cant.

Maybe those on here should feel blessed to be able to take them and be humble for those that arent. For those that are humble are the ones truly blessed.
Who thumbed their nose? I missed that post...

Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Appears Jake Tapper is having a slow news day....
i like jake. he was probably just having a little fun.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:15 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Jesus you people take a lot of vacations. IM 19 and live with my parents so im no better but im gonna talk about my parents. If they even take the weekends off it rare. How do you go about taking 3 or more vacations a year?? If my parents can take 3 in 3 years there lucky.
Well in my case, I plan a lot. I figure out where I wanna go and how much it will cost and how much I need to take out of each check to have enough money to get there when I wanna go. Plus I work in hospitality so I get great discounts on hotel stays, airfare and rental cars. If I didn't have those discounts I'd probably travel a lot less but I figure might as well use it while I can Plus I have a lot of "hook-ups" all across the nation so I get in a lot of places for free or at a really good discount.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I always take the vacation my company gives me. You should too.

And stop ragging on Obama for going on vacation. His vacations actually save the tax payers billions.
Whos ragging...........I am the company, not complaining just sayin.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe because Bush got caught up in that lie of his that he hadn't had a drink since he turned 40. Right.

_________

Did you whine when Bush took over 3 years of vacation during his 8 years in the White House?
Did you know that Bush is no longer the president?

Obviously not since you keep going on and on about him making up excuse after excuse in defense of Chairman Obama. The funny part is that from the tone of your posts it appears you don't even reside in the US. Of course you love him ... because you don't have to deal with the effects of his policies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies