Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:01 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As Republicans said of the "Patriot" Act...."if you're doing nothing wrong you don't have to worry"

Ya, that's a load of crap but our rights and freedoms have been etching away since 2001.
More like since 1861.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Kewl.... I've gassed up once since last November. Guess it's hard for the gov' to keep up with my car while it's in the garage.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The solution:

...and your neighbor's car.
Or move to a gated within a gated, private, exclusive country club estate.

Seriously...motion sensor lights, night vision hunting camera's, trip flares, motion/vibration underground sensors, IR cameras...never, ever wireless on your home...electronic keypad w/ no wipe fingerprint pads and 2x tamper trip.

And that's just for starters.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. It only applies to 8 western states, and if pushed to a higher federal court, would likely be overturned. The defendant ran out of money for a proper defense, so the state wins (I hate that)

2. Its about Marijuana growing, which really angers me, because I support full legalization of that plant.

The judges said they granted it because children and delivery men could go to the driveway without notifying the owner, so the police have the same right.

What does this mean

Well, I park my car in my garage, and under my house, so that wouldn't stand here. Also, if you have the means, fence off your property.

Anyway, as I said, I have the feeling this will be overturned in higher court when pushed to here. God I hope so.

It ONLY applies to 8 western states.

Now I understand how we got to where we are!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:00 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Sounds like a case for the ACLU
Didn't DEA need a Court Order to plant the device?

Geez, I thought ACLU was all about the freedoms of the little guy.
They sure know how to twist the constitution to meet their agenda.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It ONLY applies to 8 western states.

Now I understand how we got to where we are!!!
Just read the link in the OP for yourself, its quite well written and tells both sides fairly well

Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would rather prevent the private sector from collecting information on when and when I spend my money than worry about the government tracking my car. I am not about to let all this fuss make me paranoid. So the cops are tracking my car. That does not mean they are tracking me. If I were doing anything criminal I would be aware of the situation and take countermeasures. AFAK I am not doing anything criminal and do not intend to do anything criminal or that would even attract their attention.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
this is nothing, now the schools want to use gps/rfis to track students

School May Use RFID Chips to Track Students

Old 08-26-2010, 07:38 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would rather prevent the private sector from collecting information on when and when I spend my money than worry about the government tracking my car. I am not about to let all this fuss make me paranoid. So the cops are tracking my car. That does not mean they are tracking me. If I were doing anything criminal I would be aware of the situation and take countermeasures. AFAK I am not doing anything criminal and do not intend to do anything criminal or that would even attract their attention.
And there has never been an innocent man on death row.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I would say longer than since '01, but there were some really blatant and bold moves made after that. It seems like people just don't care.
You are correct. People don't care.....until it happens to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies