Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Or move to a gated within a gated, private, exclusive country club estate.

Seriously...motion sensor lights, night vision hunting camera's, trip flares, motion/vibration underground sensors, IR cameras...never, ever wireless on your home...electronic keypad w/ no wipe fingerprint pads and 2x tamper trip.

And that's just for starters.
You forgot land mines and snares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 04:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
I know this, if I see someone sneaking around my house or car in the middle of the night, they might end up weighing a few more bullets worth than when they stepped onto my property.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Hope and change!
"Hope and change" courtesy of a three-judge panel - two of them appointed by President Ronald Reagan (Dairmuid O'Scannlain, who wrote the decision, and Charles Wolle), the other appointed by President George W. Bush (N. Randy Smith).

Old 08-27-2010, 08:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
They would have to break into my garage and I would let the dog have them.
A garage would probably fall within the privacy zone of the home. What I wonder is this- what if the agency simply follows the car to a public place- like a store or mall and then attaches the device? Also what about private citizens and private investigators who might want to do it to get evidence in a divorce case?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
this is nothing, now the schools want to use gps/rfis to track students

School May Use RFID Chips to Track Students
As long as it is used ONLY at school, I don't see a problem with it. It saves the teachers lots of lost time taking roll. And if a student is chronically tardy, it can alert the parent.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM

If a person drives a GM car, they do not even have to sneak a GPS unit on it. They can simply go get the info from OnStar.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
They would have to break into my garage and I would let the dog have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Also untrue!

You do have the expectation of privacy in your own driveway, however,
your insurance company could have such a device put in your car without your knowing it. We need to regulate that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. It only applies to 8 western states, and if pushed to a higher federal court, would likely be overturned. The defendant ran out of money for a proper defense, so the state wins (I hate that)

2. Its about Marijuana growing, which really angers me, because I support full legalization of that plant.

The judges said they granted it because children and delivery men could go to the driveway without notifying the owner, so the police have the same right.

What does this mean

Well, I park my car in my garage, and under my house, so that wouldn't stand here. Also, if you have the means, fence off your property.

Anyway, as I said, I have the feeling this will be overturned in higher court when pushed to here. God I hope so.
when your front yard or driveway is open to the public at large, you have no expectation of privacy. if the vehicle is in an enclosed garage, or behind a fence, that is a different matter entirely as at that point you do have a reasonable expectation of privacy. you have a few options as i see it;

1: park the vehicle in an enclosed garage, that way the cops need a warrant

2: park behind a closed fence, again that way the cops need a warrant

3: dont do anything criminal.

personally i choose option three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would rather prevent the private sector from collecting information on when and when I spend my money than worry about the government tracking my car. I am not about to let all this fuss make me paranoid. So the cops are tracking my car. That does not mean they are tracking me. If I were doing anything criminal I would be aware of the situation and take countermeasures. AFAK I am not doing anything criminal and do not intend to do anything criminal or that would even attract their attention.
very good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If a person drives a GM car, they do not even have to sneak a GPS unit on it. They can simply go get the info from OnStar.
not just a gm car anymore, any car that comes with on board navigation, including fords synch system. anything that is gps enabled can be tracked.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Hope and change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
"Hope and change" courtesy of a three-judge panel - two of them appointed by President Ronald Reagan (Dairmuid O'Scannlain, who wrote the decision, and Charles Wolle), the other appointed by President George W. Bush (N. Randy Smith).
Ahahahaha!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
The Government's New Right to Track Your Every Move With GPS - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599201315000 - broken link)

Scary.
First, the government is going to pull the plug on grandma. Then, they're going to take away our guns. After that, they will shut down the internet. And to top it all off, they will track our every move via GPS. This is getting scary.

Obama only has two years left so he better get moving!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,145 times
Time to install a gps signal jammer on the car.

So I guess this means we can install trackers of our own on govt and police vehicles in driveways or other public places..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies