Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I always get a kick out of these type of comments, the truth of the matter is the left is who keeps homosexual issues in the news, not any one on the right, as evidence of this thread......I think most of just wish we never had to hear about it again. Like I have said before you never hear heteros coming out and saying hey I'm straight! Who cares! Shut Up and keep it in your bedroom and I will stay out of it!

I think it's because they are bigots, they lump everyone into a group, dump them into a box with a label on it, and if anyone in those groups dares to step out, the bigots on the left leap out and demonize them.

Ever seen what they do to a black or "minority" who comes out as a conservative? They can't get the racists comments out of their mouths, or the racists cartoons out on the internet fast enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Unless someone is running for "town hooker," I don't think one's sexuality should be a concern.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Of course gays can be conservative - haven't you heard of:

Log Cabin Republicans - Home

Old 08-26-2010, 11:45 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Has anybody informed the Texas GOP that it is ok to be gay? Because, they wanted to re-criminalize sodomy. Hmmmm.....

Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Oh great, another "HEY WORLD "IM GAY" "LOOK WHO IS GAY" thread. Who friggin cares? And why is it that people find it so important to scream to the world that they are gay. Good for you, now shut up and move on. I dont want to know about what you do in your private time, why is it so important to tell everyone. You want to be treated like a normal person, yet you find the need to make sure everyone knows how "different" you are. Like I said, I dont care. I care as much about your stupid sexuality as I do about stupid celebrity gossip/TMZ type news.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Oh great, another "HEY WORLD "IM GAY" "LOOK WHO IS GAY" thread. Who friggin cares? And why is it that people find it so important to scream to the world that they are gay. Good for you, now shut up and move on. I dont want to know about what you do in your private time, why is it so important to tell everyone. You want to be treated like a normal person, yet you find the need to make sure everyone knows how "different" you are. Like I said, I dont care. I care as much about your stupid sexuality as I do about stupid celebrity gossip/TMZ type news.
So obvious and simple yet profound!

Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
They sure do support re-criminilization of sodomy laws, because it tears at the fabric of families.
https://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP...T_PLATFORM.pdf

Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I always get a kick out of these type of comments, the truth of the matter is the left is who keeps homosexual issues in the news, not any one on the right, as evidence of this thread......I think most of just wish we never had to hear about it again. Like I have said before you never hear heteros coming out and saying hey I'm straight! Who cares! Shut Up and keep it in your bedroom and I will stay out of it!
Dude, what are you talking about? You've started a number of gay threads yourself.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Has Karl Rove come out of the closet yet?
As they say in the software business .... due out ANY DAY NOW....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are comparing a church to a political party.
Please, don't be disingenuous with us. Closet gay guy Haggard headed the NAE, claiming 30M followers, and aligned that bloc of votes with the GOP. The GOP has long taken for granted the votes and money of the evangelicals (in particular) and other religions (in general). The religious right is considered part and parcel of the political right, i.e., GOP.

When you are a Rev. in a church you need to exemplify the morals and principles of their religion. If that religion looks upon gays as sinners, and you are found to be gay, then you would need to step down.
Such people need to find a church that is intelligent enough to accept gay members, or go start their own church. If CRAP like "dianetics" can be a religion and get tax breaks (OMG!) then gays can start their own church too. There are OPENLY gay people leading churches and/or serving in various church positions. Haggard didn't step down, he was FIRED by that bunch. The massive hypocrisy in Haggard's case (and in Mehlman's case) is that both were ringleaders telling people to vote AGAINST gay rights; here in a certain Colorado election (by Haggard), and on a national level by both of them; Haggard as head of the NAE and Mehlman as head of the RNC who sided with the NAE on anti-gay issues.

The republican party is not a church or a religion. News flash, there are millions of people in this country who practice religion, and they do join political parties, but that does not mean that the political party they join is supposed to turn into their freaking church too.
Yes it is, go back and see my first answer.

So which is it with you anyway, is the republican party homophobic, or is it supposed to conform to the Christian religions? Apparently your are all pissy because the GOP is neither, and you so wish it were both, so you can bash it.
What I want is for everyone to STOP it with the gay bashing, homophobia and use of gay issues as political wedge issues to keep us divided and at each other's throats. If you don't like gays that's fine, but you don't have align your votes and money with those who DO want to keep those people disenfranchised from equal protection under the law. Until then, I'll blog and flog these forums on every instance of GOP hypocrisy.
See my response above, in red.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies