Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:05 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,988,992 times

Advertisements

What a couple of dummies! Didn't I see them in a Comedy Central skit? What's this about Bush expanding civil rights for gays? These guys are clueless. Bush always talked about the "sanctity of marriage: and always kicked gay people to the curb to win office and while he was in office. It was Obama who extended those rights, although limited.

If these guys feel that everyone is an individual with equal rights, then why even announce to the teabaggers that they are gay? Unless they just want special attention? maybe "bag" a teabagger? Gov't is not in the "marriage" business as they claim.

A marriage license is issued, but the religious part that everyone get squeamish about is performed by a church. If the religious folk don't want gays marrying in their church, then don't marry them!

How likely would it be to get ALL states to issue "civil unions" instead of marriage licenses? those traditions die hard, especially in the bigoted southern states.

I wonder how the auntie toms' ideas about single taxpayers would appeal to the heterosexually married people with one non-working spouse? Along with child tax credits, those ppl pay MUCH less than single taxpayers. I'll bet those ppl would scream and holler that they no longer receive their bonus simply for being married.

I'm sure that the teabaggers are laughing at those guys behind their backs, bending over backwards to check out the gay freaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Who the frig cares anyways, some make more of a deal about this stuff then others, more important issues to worry about! Well gee whiz how come i have democratic friends, who can't stomach the word Gay, and can't stand gay people. People are just ignorant fools anyways, whether you are in either party, BLACK OR WHITE, or what ever religion you may pray to. I think we should butt out of People's happiness, life is short, and we seem to worry about the wrong things, why not just let everyone be happy, as i said life is short.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,208,220 times
! ! ! ALERT ! ! !

Bret Baier has just announced on his Fox News show that Mehlman has revealed he is gay. Mehlman that is, not Baier.

Five minutes later.... Nothing has changed.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:44 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,252,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
According to your theory, that would mean president homophobe (Obama) is trying to hide something. (Obama opposes homosexual "marriages").
You completely missed my point. Actually, what Obama said was that although he believes marriage shoudl be between aman ana a woman, he would not waste time trying to pass an amendment that would take away the right away from gay people to marry. In this case, the theory would not apply. Had he spent lots of time ranting and raving that LGBT people would burn in hell, I would have done a double take.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

As a Libertarian nothing would make me happier than to watch both parties go down in flames. Neither have represented or respected the interests of their constituents for a long time.

That is because there is no longer a check, or balance with the States name on it, in the federal government. The States have been removed.

We now elect our State Senators. Actually special interest elect the Senators. They no longer represent the States interest.

You think half the stuff that gets through Federal legislature would make it through, if Senators were appointed by the States legislatures, to serve the States direction of interest?

Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,470,644 times
If a few gay people are that desperate for a capital gains tax cut, I really couldn't care less. Let them enjoy themselves.

I'm not that up in arms about the tea parties in general. I just think they are silly, hypocritical and about 75 years too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies