Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:17 PM

467 posts, read 324,723 times

Advertisements

Talk about the evil...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
Talk about the evil...
Oh, Chris Matthew's views are definately slanted left, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Matthews is so left - ha (actually insert that Matthews "haaa" here) now that's funny. Which is why he had all but nominated St McCain (though he's soooo yesterday to Chris, now his heart throb is Mr Law and Order himself)

Old 06-27-2007, 04:26 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Even Michelle Malkin says Coulter's routine is tired schtik. First time Michelle has ever gotten something right.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Spunky - I have to admit that was hilarious.

I used to wonder which side he falls on (besides the "she's attractive" -any candidate - side), but he was particularly vocal last night about how he feels about her and he didn't give her much time to talk - for which I was grateful, but I can see how that might upset other people. Now, having said that, I wonder if Bill O'Reilly viewers can admit that he does the same thing.

I just can't believe some of the things that come out of her mouth. For instance, I never knew until last night, that she had said John Edwards probably has a bumper sticker on the back of his car stating "ask me about my dead son". I know she is looking for shock value, but Matthews is right when he says she might have a valid point, but it is lost in the awful things she surrounds that point with.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

308 posts, read 711,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
Talk about the evil...

While I can't stand Ann Coulter I felt Chris Mathews was being disengenuous.

Also, the Edwards Campaign took Coulter's comment out of context. She is a mean spirited ***** that says things to instigate. Her "jokes" are nasty and lowers the political dialogue to the lowest denominator, but she was taken out of context.

Here is the transcript:

Quote:
CUOMO: Joining us now is political commentator Ann Coulter, whose book Godless: the Church of — Lisv — Liberalism — what did I almost say there? — Liberalism — is out in paperback. There it is. A conservative’s conservative, she’s had some tough words lately for her own party.

But to begin with the tough words, some tough words for you by the three top candidates in response to what you had said. Some were calling it a homosexual slur. You said it was a taunt. They all came out when you were talking about [former Sen.] John Edwards [D-NC] and said, "This was wrong. We must deny it." Fair criticism of you or a shift towards the tolerant among the GOP?

COULTER: No, no. They were — I was denounced all over. All over. I think the one that hurt the most was from I’m a little girl in a pink party dress.com. Very upsetting.

CUOMO: Why?

COULTER: Though about the same time Bill Maher said — and by the way, I did not call John Edwards the "F" word. I said I couldn’t talk about him because you go into rehab for using that word.

CUOMO: You say you were — you were joking.

COULTER: Oh yeah, I wouldn’t insult gays by comparing them to John Edwards. That would be mean.

But about the same time — you know — Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So I’ve learned my lesson. If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.

CUOMO: So let’s get off of you, but let’s get your view on what’s going on with the party right now. You hear what the speculation is. You know what the poll numbers are. The talk is, the party’s in trouble. How do you see it?

Video here:
Media Matters - Good Morning America 's Chris Cuomo interviews Coulter, promotes Godless

The Edwards camp took out "Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack."

They then posted the edited tape with the out of context quote and asked for DONATIONS for John Edwards Campaign.

John Edwards for President-The Right Wing Attacks!

I do agree that Ann Coulter is a <snip>

Last edited by jco; 06-27-2007 at 06:04 PM..

Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
I agree Anne should tone it down several notches. However, Matthews definately set her up with that Edward's phone call. He thought he would catch her off guard. It really didn't seem to ruffle her much though!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh, Chris Matthew's views are definately slanted left, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil!
Now that was a good laugh.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Okay, I read your piece and I saw the whole thing end to end - not edited. I also saw the actual speech she was giving wherein she said that. I suppose if I could talk about the President, but I am not allowed to say the word "idiot", "failure", "scum bag", "coke head", "drunk driver", "liar", "incompetent", and "loser" or I'll be put in rehab not the same as saying those things about him? That doesn't pass the smell test for me, sorry.

She has just said so many horrible things that I don't see how anyone can defend her. Didn't she say the 9/11 widows were enjoying their husband's deaths? YIKES>

And, I agree with your last statement although I hate that word.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
Someone should muzzle Anne Coulter, frankly she is an embarassment...I have heard all I EVER need to hear from her...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies