Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:23 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You should invest in the truth. So are you saying that when France passes a law that makes it illegal to raise your voice to your wife, that's called freedom? Get a clue please.
Can you provide some link to your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
My information about Beck is not from any european media but his videos and his transcripts. Well, and also his crazy fans that repeat everything he says in parrot-fashion.
You have no clue what you are even talking about. See, you wouldn't understand because you never had the opportunity to live as free as Americans, you know nothing else but government control and nannying.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Can you provide some link to your claim?
Go look it up. Europeans always wanting someone else to do their dirty work. BTW, if you haven't heard about it, then you aren't as informed about your continent as you proclaim to be.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Go look it up. Europeans always wanting someone else to do their dirty work. BTW, if you haven't heard about it, then you aren't as informed about your continent as you proclaim to be.
I did look it up and there is no such thing. But maybe you can back up your claim. This is how it works here. You claim a thing, its up to you to prove it.

Quote:
So are you saying that when France passes a law that makes it illegal to raise your voice to your wife, that's called freedom? Get a clue please.
ALSO:

Quote:
*Waiting for proof that the Bible is considered hate speech here*

Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I have the RIGHT to carry a firearm if I so choose.

I have so chosen to carry a firearm (concealed) and so has my wife.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:24 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,389 times
Quote:
Can you say **** on television?

Can you drink alcohol on the streets?
I don't drink alcohol, so I looked up the law. Evidently it's illegal to drink in public after being warned by an officer, or if there is a sign prohibiting it.

Quote:
Can you buy hard liquor anywhere you want?
At any place that sells it. There aren't many grocery stores or convenience stores in Maine that don't sell liquor.

Quote:
Can you go as fast as you want on your highways?
Nope, there are limits to speed. Montana used to have a "reasonable and prudent" speed limit, but I think they did away with it.

Quote:
If carrying firearms is the only thing that defines freedom for you, then I feel sorry for you. I am happy that in my country the consensus is that guns are dangerous. I am happy that my country does not have the same crime statistics as your country.
What makes you think that gun rights are the only thing that defines freedom for me? Did you not read past the second question?

That said, but for good men with guns, most of Europe would be under Nazi control, so yes, gun rights are paramount to a truly free society. The only reason for politicians to prevent good people from owning guns is because they know deep down that they are so crooked they deserve to be shot.

Last edited by melinuxfool; 09-01-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter how you feel about the topics. If the other poster gives examples what americans can do, mostly gun-related, I can give many more examples what I can do and you americans can't.
It doesn't matter how you feel about the topics; these things above are all restrictions.
If the other poster wants to start a contest, bring it.
I don't think you have much more freedom that is not gun-related than us.
Looks like you base your freedom on ALCOHOL and CUSSING now that's got to be advancing in life.

At least with our guns we can hunt and eat. Have protection from someone entering our house they never know when they will meet a Smith & Wesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies