Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:26 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Not true. Sexual orientation is determined by our desires and attractions, not by our activities. Example: I could have sex with a woman, but that wouldn't necessarily mean I'm heterosexual or bisexual.

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

glbt talking points, thats the problem, the other guy was right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 10:27 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentified[B
Male[/b];15660992]
Not true. Sexual orientation is determined by our desires and attractions, not by our activities. Example: I could have sex with a woman, but that wouldn't necessarily mean I'm heterosexual or bisexual.
You can keep that psycho-babble to your self.

Sorry pal, if you have sex with a man willingly, you are gay.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
I've known guys that were in love with their cars, but had sex with women.

A lot of the non-hippy crowd in the sixties were that way.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:43 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Then where do bi's fit in with this. I know women who have had sex with other women, and yet still love being with a Man, so what are they sexually, exploring. They love being with both sexes. And yet they love being with a Man, but also love being with a Women, explain that. In the end, who the hek cares, it is all about being happy in life, and people should take their noses out of where they should not be.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:47 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Then where do bi's fit in with this. I know women who have had sex with other women, and yet still love being with a Man, so what are they sexually, exploring. They love being with both sexes. And yet they love being with a Man, but also love being with a Women, explain that. In the end, who the hek cares, it is all about being happy in life, and people should take their noses out of where they should not be.

Sorry, I can't explain anything about women.

They are all wonderfully different.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:58 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
lol it really is quite easy! If you only have sexual relations with someone of your own gender you are gay.If you have sex with both you are bisexual.
Where is the confusion?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:06 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Many people want to play games with this.

Many men who are on the "down low" where they secretly have sex with other men while having relations with women don't want to admit they're gay or bisexual because of the stigma of being gay. You find this with dudes in prison who rape guys and who then view the guys they're raping as being gay but not themselves. I guess they equate being gay with being weak so since they're not "weak" or the ones being raped then they're not gay. LOL

People are trying too hard to flip this stuff to fit what they want it to fit. If you're a man who wants to be with men only you're gay. If you want both men and women you're either bi or using the opposite sex for cover. If you're a woman who wants to be with women only you're a lesbian. If you want both,again you're either bi or using the opposite sex for cover.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You can keep that psycho-babble to your self.

Sorry pal, if you have sex with a man willingly, you are gay.
Oh really? Male prisoners have sex / rape male prisoners, because they need the sexual gratification. Its not about being gay.

Same with women prisoners.

Many gays/lesbians will lead a heterosexual life so they can be accepted (even have families) but that doesn't mean they are not gay.

Its not psycho-babble at all. as a society, we force people to do soemthing they aren't because of the negative feelings being displayed by everyone around them.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:44 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Honestly, human sexuality is pretty complex and any labels we have tried to apply to it can be liberating in the beginning, cause you can find other people "like you," but end up being limiting, because no label completely describes anyone. The more detailed a system, the more it can shed light in certain areas, but the more it raises questions in other areas.

In the end, I think we're best off just saying "I'm me, you're you." It's convenient for casual conversation to have terms like "gay" and "bi" and "straight" so you have a way of referring to your sexuality without having to detail your entire history, but that should be where the need for labels ends. As you get to know someone more, the need to label their sexuality becomes less and less important because you get a fuller picture of their sexuality.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Many people want to play games with this.

Many men who are on the "down low" where they secretly have sex with other men while having relations with women don't want to admit they're gay or bisexual because of the stigma of being gay. You find this with dudes in prison who rape guys and who then view the guys they're raping as being gay but not themselves. I guess they equate being gay with being weak so since they're not "weak" or the ones being raped then they're not gay. LOL

People are trying too hard to flip this stuff to fit what they want it to fit. If you're a man who wants to be with men only you're gay. If you want both men and women you're either bi or using the opposite sex for cover. If you're a woman who wants to be with women only you're a lesbian. If you want both,again you're either bi or using the opposite sex for cover.
Excellent examples of when behavior and orientation don't match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies