Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:19 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Apparently they can't be held responsible for making it many times worse by people like you either. Just keep blaming Bush though, that's what our commander and chump does.

Yeah, liberalism is the answer. Just look at liberal California, it's in great shape.
Actually it is, without California the US is third world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you explain to me how Crap and Tax will settle any of our problems? Somehow I just don't understand that up to now. The worst part of it is that they will probably pass it during a lame duck period without caring what the majority of the people want.
Good point. The majority of the people voted for Obama. Do you think the majority of the people were right or wrong?

Old 08-28-2010, 02:22 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would vote Democrat because there is no alternative to them except the Republicans and there is no way in hell I will vote for them. You cannot hold the Democrats totally responsible for the mess Bush created.
Can we hold the Democrats for everything they've done to make things worse since 2006, or is that Bushs fault too? Do they have any responsibility for trippling the debt, or uncontrolled (and un paid for) growth of government, or quadrupling the deficit? Can we blame them for voting for pay raises for themselves while the economy is still faltering and jobless claims continue to increase? Is any of that their fault? I suppose that's all the fault of the Republicans, in spite of having a small minority and not being able to actually stop anything the Democrats want to do, it's still their fault.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Why would you still vote for Democrats?

What's the alternative?

The Republicans? They have deliberately embarked on a policy of "just say no" regardless of the consequences. That's not what I would call leadership.

The Tea Party? A few good ideas sprinkled among many crazy people is not something I could ever support ... and I am wary of any political movement that attracts such a high percentage of haters and kooks.

Other third parties? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a viable (i.e., electable on a national level) third party may not happen in my lifetime.

The Democrats are not now, nor have they ever been, anything close to perfect. But on most of the issues most of the time, they represent a view that most closely resembles my own, and therefore they get my support.
Let me get this straight.....

Republicans "just saying no" to unpopular, unconstitutional bills is wrong? Most Americans are "just saying no" to the Obama agenda, which the dems keep just shoving down our throats.

After November, you'll see real change. Sanity will return.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
That's akin to asking an infant why it continues to suckle on it's mommys teat.
I love it!

That is what most democrats want. Milk from the governments teat!

Way to go!

Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 PM

70 posts, read 40,425 times
I have stopped voting Democrats when I was old enough to think for myself. I liked Kunicich until he took that plane ride. I also like Feingold, but most Dems are just plain crapola.

I won't vote a Republican either, unless its Ron Paul or a moderate one like Eisenhower.

I have been marginalized to third parties.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Good point. The majority of the people voted for Obama. Do you think the majority of the people were right or wrong?
I think the fact that his popularity has dwindled substantially, his policies are putting us in a deeper hole, and most dems running this November are saying "please stay away, Barry" is proof that the 54% of Americans who voted for him were wrong.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog666 View Post
I have stopped voting Democrats when I was old enough to think for myself.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
I would still vote for the Democratic...

Cause I am not a jingoistic ignoramus, reactionary nut or a moron. I don't believe for a second that the Republicans are blameless for the current economy-- or even that the government has a whole lot of control over the economy. The Republicans represent nothing of what I think or feel on social issues and the Democrats seem less likely to try to make this nice Jewish boy pray to Jesus.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Would the economic outlook be any better with republicans in charge? besides, the republicans are usually (not always) small minded racists and homophobes who use division of americans rather than ideas to win elections. Dems aren't perfect, but I'd rather vote for them or an Independent.
Another winner.

Conservative ideas free people from the slavery of liberal programs. What is more "small minded" and "racist" than telling racial minorities that they're not smart enough to live without government assistance?

Obama is the greatest divider this country has ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies