Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The thread is just as ridiculous now as it was then..
I don't remember you refuting any of the claims in the thread. How could you? Everything was based on the things Beck supported (read his transcripts). I doubt you did, though.

Quote:
I hate to be the one to tell you but Obama had and continues to have NOTHING to do with the bailouts. ALL of the money was spent PRIOR to him taking office. While its true they allowcated $350B for Bush, and $350B for Obama, Obama waived his 1/2 of the proceeds and allowed Bush to spend it as he wished. Claiming now that Beck has changed his mind because Obama is president is a ridiculous assertion. Where is YOUR integrity?
I stated the obvious, that Beck "changed" his mind after he changed his employer and after the other party won the election. Oh, even better he stated "I hated Bush for it". I should include that in my thread. The question is: If he hated Bush for that, then why did he support it?"

This is hypocritical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
No one could make a better argument than Herman Cain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmwH9LMZP4Y&feature=sub

Old 08-29-2010, 12:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I don't remember you refuting any of the claims in the thread. How could you? Everything was based on the things Beck supported (read his transcripts). I doubt you did, though.
I did read what you claimed to be hypocritical, but they arent. Maybe if you live in a glass bubble and ignored facts you can hold the opinions you posted there. For example, the Patriot Act cut no individual rights. You can pretend that it did, but please list them for me.. One can be for small governments and support the war. You do understand that national defense is in the Constitution and one of the ONLY responsibilities of the federal government right? Not at all hypocritical. He supported the bailouts because we were told that without them, our economy would collapse. Who would support an economical collapse right? But as things progressed and we collapsed anyways, one can have a change of opinion on a previous position. Its nice to see that you never change your mind, is it because you are all knowing, and have all of the facts available to you at all times, or is it because you dont want to ever admit you were wrong? The non stop hypocrasy is from posters who first attack an individual for holding a position, and then attack him for changing his mind on the opinion and actually now holds the very same position you hold. Tell me, do you always have a need to attack someone?
Quote:
I stated the obvious, that Beck "changed" his mind after he changed his employer and after the other party won the election. Oh, even better he stated "I hated Bush for it". I should include that in my thread. The question is: If he hated Bush for that, then why did he support it?"

This is hypocritical!
No, you stated nonsense based upon what you want to believe and 3rd party readings. (Your whole posting was based upon 3rd party synopsis). Not facts.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did read what you claimed to be hypocritical, but they arent. Maybe if you live in a glass bubble and ignored facts you can hold the opinions you posted there. For example, the Patriot Act cut no individual rights. You can pretend that it did, but please list them for me.. One can be for small governments and support the war. You do understand that national defense is in the Constitution and one of the ONLY responsibilities of the federal government right? Not at all hypocritical. He supported the bailouts because we were told that without them, our economy would collapse. Who would support an economical collapse right? But as things progressed and we collapsed anyways, one can have a change of opinion on a previous position. Its nice to see that you never change your mind, is it because you are all knowing, and have all of the facts available to you at all times, or is it because you dont want to ever admit you were wrong? The non stop hypocrasy is from posters who first attack an individual for holding a position, and then attack him for changing his mind on the opinion and actually now holds the very same position you hold. Tell me, do you always have a need to attack someone?

No, you stated nonsense based upon what you want to believe and 3rd party readings. (Your whole posting was based upon 3rd party synopsis). Not facts.
There is a video of him saying that he hated Bush for the bailouts. You keep on ignoring that. You also ignore the coincidence that he changed his mind after he changed his employer. He says whatever is popular at the moment.

And because you were being told the bailouts were necessary, Beck just believed it? That doesn't sound like him. He always emphasized how you should not believe what the evil people in Washington tell you. I guess because it was Bush, he believed it. I mean is Beck really that naive that he would believe what the government told you?
I thought this is what he is all about: Not believing the BS and having his own opinioin? That is how Beck lovers see him. And now you are telling me that he believes without any thought what they told him?

As for the war: If you want the government to spend less, how come you support the spending on the military when there was no threat? Or have they finally found the WMD? If Iraq had actually attacked the US or the threat had been apparent, I could understand.

As for the Patriot Act: Read from someone that is more familiar with it and that voted against it:

Reconsidering the Patriot Act by Rep. Ron Paul

Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If an election is held and your candidate loses then does it make sense for you to wish that the "country" be retrieved, so to speak, from...I don't know exactly.
From those who

- Over-tax and overspend
- Want our country set up as an entitlement, "gimme gimme" entity where most aspects are controlled by an inept government
- Act more like king/queen than an elected official, meaning they don't
listen and just tell you to shove it if they don't agree
- Have never held a "real" job prior, and it shows, meaning they are better at speaking than leading
- Lie and hide things
- Are making the economy worse (or at the very least, aren't doing a thing to make it better, in fact quite the opposite)
- etc. etc.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
[quote=Guamanians;15669164]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Here are a couple of old posts that I found interesting.

You're confused? Well let me bring you up to date...
Barack Obama is the president. Nancy pelosi is the speaker, & harry Reid is the senate leader. All 3 are BAD FOR AMERICA! This has NOTHING to do with George Bush anymore.
Sorry, but you must be confused. Someone said that the media made him out to be a bad president and I just said that he did it all by himself.

As far as all 3 being bad for America that is your opinion, not mine.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,296,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Excuse the animated example, but you are comparing an occasional headache to a full-blown brain tumor.
If you don’t do anything you’ll die.

Bush spent, government grew, but now under Obama it is spending of steroids.

Plus when Bush was President the spending was high, but people were making money and working, now the spending is 4 times higher and people are unemployed.

[CENTER][/CENTER]

The reality is in times of war and severe economic downturn government spending expands. If you expand your from 1900 until now you'll see that during World War I and World War II federal spending as percentage of GDP was much higher and the nation was able to recover.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
You don't see what was behind his change of mind?
Bush was president, Beck on CNN and for the bail-outs.
Beck changes the channel and Obama is president and suddenly Beck is against the bail-outs? I thought you were smart enough to see through this.
Beck will say anything his brainwashed followers want to hear.

Where is his integrity?
Integrity goes where his money flows.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,296,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LOL it's obvious you didn't actually hear Dr. Laura's tape where she was talking about the n-word in general, she wasn't calling anybody the n-word.

Your post is pointless.
So in your mind it's O.K. for her to use the "N' word?

That's why the poltical efforts of you and your colleagues is going to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies