Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,071,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
google it yourself Gangland Chicago there are some on videos you can watch dont know if it is this particular one or not.

As to who said New Orleans was the killing capitol? I tend to believe Gangland.
I don't need to google gangland chicago, I have seen the show, I have also seen the many discrepancies. So you will believe a television show over actual crime statistics? Wow, I guess it is true that we are letting our children be educated by the television.

How about instead of you believing a television show, you come to Chicago, and I will show you all those neighborhoods that don't have projects in them, that are the high gang ridden areas. How about you come to Chicago and I will show you where those large low income projects used to be, but no longer exist.

Not only do I get my facts from looking at facts rather then a television show, but, I also get them from actually being here. From it being a part of my life.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,408,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I don't need to google gangland chicago, I have seen the show, I have also seen the many discrepancies. So you will believe a television show over actual crime statistics? Wow, I guess it is true that we are letting our children be educated by the television.

How about instead of you believing a television show, you come to Chicago, and I will show you all those neighborhoods that don't have projects in them, that are the high gang ridden areas. How about you come to Chicago and I will show you where those large low income projects used to be, but no longer exist.

Not only do I get my facts from looking at facts rather then a television show, but, I also get them from actually being here. From it being a part of my life.
Hello no kidding there are gangs in non project area too! WOW.....
So obama got rid of them because they were in his area! Also there is one area referenced in one of his books that he took credit for helping starting and finishing when he only helped. Then gave NO credit to those who actually did the work. You mean those projects....

What crime stats have you supplied? Did I miss them?

Here is a article for you to read.
Gangs in Chicago

In 2008 there were 50 juvenile homicides in Chicago, the highest number in seven years. Albert’s death also drew attention to the effectiveness—or lack thereof—of the various programs that have been enacted to combat gang and youth violence.

Around 70 gangs operate in Chicago, with more than 100 thousand members among them. Chicago has long been notorious for its gang culture and for gangs’ influence on politics and business. But modern gang members aren’t like Al Capone. They are young—most under age 20—and usually in the business of trafficking hard drugs.
http://www.chicagomaroon.com/2009/12/2/gangs-in-chicago

Last edited by Miborn; 09-02-2010 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: added

Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 PM

767 posts, read 487,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hello no kidding there are gangs in non project area too! WOW.....
So obama got rid of them because they were in his area! Also there is one area referenced in one of his books that he took credit for helping starting and finishing when he only helped. Then gave NO credit to those who actually did the work. You mean those projects....
There were no projects in Kenwood, Obama's neighborhood, at least not to my knowledge. Obama never held office for the city of Chicago, so he would have no influence as to which projects get torn down. Also, the plan to tear down projects in Chicago dates back to 2000, long before anyone knew who Obama was. You really need to start getting your info from other sources besides cable television.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,291,388 times
Quote:

What do you think should be done?

What ever you plan on doing, make sure you, do what you say.
Make no promises you can't keep.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,399,933 times
True Police do not have a easy jobs, and in this day and age, hats off to them, for doing the job that they do. Now getting to gangbangers, i feel that they don't care about taking a life, or threats being posed to them. They don't care about the babies they kill or innocent bystanders. They will kill in the blink of an eye, they don't value or put a value on human life, or how precious life is. I agree in some neighborhoods, they need to get more involved, but they do not get involved, for fear of retaliation by the gansters. Police and the Community need to work hand and hand to try and combat these vicious gangs. But asking them, is kind of like the Calm before the Storm.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,831,120 times
Quote:
How can they improve, again, they can again, respond faster. 45minutes to an hour responding when people in the community call in a shooting is ridiculous. In the northern neighborhoods they don't take that long, yet they seem to in the neighborhoods where the major violent crime is happening.

They can improve by attempting to stop murders when they are watching them happen. Just like when young Derion Albert was murdered last year on 111th. two police cars watched it happen, and waited until the whole fight was over before they got out of their cars.

The community can not resolve the issue by itself, it takes the help of the police, but in many of these neighborhoods the police don't want to do anything to help stop the crime. They don't care.
Frankly, IMO, besides abortion, the gang killing is their other alternative to population control.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 PM

So much for the meeting between the top brass at CPD and the thugs.

5 Dead, At Least 25 Wounded In Bloody Chicago Weekend - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/chicago.weekend.violence.2.1886019.html - broken link)

Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,214,458 times
it costs nothing to ask.
you always have the option of shooting later.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it costs nothing to ask.
you always have the option of shooting later.
Pretty please, with sugar on top? Now the gangbangers are holding their own press conference, unbelievable. This is a joke.

City Room™ - News In Brief - Gang Members Call News Conference Over Meeting with Police (http://www.wbez.org/Content.aspx?audioID=44181 - broken link)

The Associated Press: Chicago gangs to top cop: You're not playing fair

Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,408,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
There were no projects in Kenwood, Obama's neighborhood, at least not to my knowledge. Obama never held office for the city of Chicago, so he would have no influence as to which projects get torn down. Also, the plan to tear down projects in Chicago dates back to 2000, long before anyone knew who Obama was. You really need to start getting your info from other sources besides cable television.
Do you know he was a Senator? He had a area. I did not way his neighborhood.. Comprehension problems maybe?
I was being sarcastic! To his tearing down the projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies