Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 10:15 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
To tell you the truth, this is the first time I have heard these things about MLK, so I am still in shock but now I really can't understand how the very same people who honor him can throw stones at Beck or Palin.
Is it that they say it is not true?
If they think it is not true, why do they believe everything said about Glenn Beck?
If they believe this was the other side of MLK, why can't Glenn Beck have a dark side like the rest of the human race?
At least he is fighting his temptations, looks like Dr. King didn't bother to fight his BUT the important thing is WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE ANYBODY???
Is there a perfect person here?

Sure. MLK had three long standing affairs and apparently plagerized many parts of his PhD thesis.

All historical characters are flawed in one way or another.

Despite my not particularly liking Glen Beck, I think that it is admirable that he was able to kick his drug and alcohol problem and be a productive citzen. This, to me, is the best part of Glen Beck, as I do not care for the delivery of his message.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
I think that is just what honor is about. Admitting you made a mistake. Admitting your short comings and trying to change your life to be a better person.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 AM

720 posts, read 691,131 times
What I find absolutely LAME LAME LAME, is people will use the fact that he is a recovering alcoholic to bash him...I know lets bash him on his views, not because he had a problem and got sober..DUH! That would be the right way to bash someone!

People in glass houses should never throw stones, because I don't care how educated or how good you think you are, each and EVERY one of you have issues that you will never face. It's pretty easy to bash someone else for their past problems rather than focus on your own hypocrisy! For the record, this is coming from me as a person, as I have never once watched his show...EVER! and I am a conservative!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Anyone else find it ironic that a recovering drug addict/alcholic preaches about "honor"

Well, the druggie president and the former one who claimed he didn't inhale were obviously not available to speak. The point is none of those people are that now and how do you want them to redeem themselves? By continuing to flog themselves in public?
There is the immediate past president, a recovering alcholic!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is the immediate past president, a recovering alcholic!

Bush never has said he is an alcoholic. For all we know he was just a hard drinker.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM

So, if a person is in recovery(and if you knew anything about recovery, you would know the minute you step into it, you are forever in it), the lot of you here think they need to apologize daily and forever be reminded of it?

Yeah, that will keep them in recovery won't it! If the guy had the courage to change his life, I don't care who he is, he has my props....Recovery is nothing that should be laughed at, or judged.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Bush never has said he is an alcoholic. For all we know he was just a hard drinker.

With all due respect, there is no difference...

Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
he is only a leader for the sheep that follow him. The majority of us can actually form our own opinions and function quite well without him. The dwindling numbers of mental midgets that still follow him and accept him as their leader will fortunately eventually die. The down side is they'll also probably reproduce and can still vote with the mental prowess of a *** up until their eventual death.

There have been some presidents & leaders that I couldn't stand but, I never said 'they weren't MY president' or 'I refuse to recognize their status in this country, that is just silly.

EVERYONE eventually dies.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 AM

531 posts, read 338,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
If you think there no difference you don't understand what an alcoholic is

Old 08-29-2010, 10:30 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
With all due respect, there is an enormous difference.

You are either alcoholic or not. You either have cancer or you don't. You are either pregnant or you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies