Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:22 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times

Advertisements

I would imagine when most people read through the OP they are shocked and horrified at such customs and practices that still exist outside of the comfort of their own livingrooms. One reads this and you might think, good grief what a backwards primitive bunch of savages, and to some degree, I would agree, judging by our standards.

Yet, these backward tribal people with this strange and horrifying customs and practices have managed to get nearly every one of you to cough up your hard earned cash in taxes, to give to their leader, who happens to be from this most barbaric of tribes. With this money YOU give them, they also happen to fund various elements of people who are killing your young men and women with on a daily basis. How does it feel to give your money to pedophiles, primitives and corrupt bureaucrats only to have them then use some of this money to kill your own children.

Whats more is that many people here who act so shocked and horrified will never lift a finger to go and fight against them selves, oh no, that would require courage, principle and conviction, when in truth all there is happens to be is a pretend outrage over something they would never know existed if it weren't being used to further justify getting more citizens to cough up more tax dollars to give to these same people.

Yes, its pretty disgusting in my opinion, but the dirty little secret isn't that this has taken place for well over a 1000 years, but that Americans are both helping to fund this AND they are getting their backsides waxed by a people two steps above a neolithic age. Makes you feel proud doesn't it.

Once the Afghan's oust us from their country or we go broke trying, will you same people be outraged or care about this practice then as you are now? I bet a million bucks you don't really give a damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Just as there were people who disagree with congress denying funding for preventing child marriage around the world, they live in a different culture from our own and we cannot control what they do, however we can eliminate funding to nations we find are in opposition to our American ideals. It's what needs to be done.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about gay behavior being a cultural norm in those nations.

If their culture is in opposition to our American ideals we need to eliminate funding. Period.
Heterosexual men using "pretty young boys" as a substitute for women is not "gay behavior"

Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I am not surprised by this "revelation". It is a symptom of the cultural disease of believing everyone is “owned” by someone else. This is just one of the reasons I want us to leave the entire Middle East to its own fate.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am not surprised by this "revelation". It is a symptom of the cultural disease of believing everyone is “owned†by someone else. This is just one of the reasons I want us to leave the entire Middle East to its own fate.
Exactly! While reading this, I came across some tribal practices in Africa and wondered, well if this is so horrific, then why isn't everyone getting their britches in a twist over tribes in Africa burning witches at the stake or genital mutilation among many other bizarre practices.

I guess all those other people practicing these primitive behaviors will only be relevant when we eventually end up at war with them. Then it will serve a purpose.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
JOEL BRINKLEY | Afghanistan's Dirty Little Secret » Kitsap Sun

This is the first I've learned of this. Don't eat lunch before reading if you can help it.
NO Republican should show concern over this...

they screamed about passing a bill that would discourage child rape around the world...

Republicans do NOT mind this....

they don't care that our taxes are being spent to protect and defend these pedophiles ...

and American troops are being killed and mutilated for them...

Repubs don't mind THAt at all

Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I am more concerned with the fact that the MAJORITY of murders in this country are perpetrated upon WOMEN by the husband/boyfriend or man in their life.
I know this is very much not the point of this thread, and I certainly don't want to suggest that the murder of women by their intimate partners is not a problem to be dealt with, but the above statement is completely & absolutely untrue.

According to the "Crime in the United States" report, published by the FBI, there were 14,831 murders in the US in 2007. Of those murder victims, 3,177 were women. That's 21% of all murder victims.
Further, according to the National Organization for Women, which uses statistics from 2005,
Quote:
Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner.
That would mean that roughly 7% of all murders in this country are perpetrated on women by the husband/boyfriend or man in their life. Not NEARLY a majority.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I don't see the problem here. Different strokes for different folks. The Afghans' sexual preferences should in no way deter us from defending them against the scourge of the Taliban or Al Quaeda.
I myself am married and purely heterosexual, and find the thought of making love to a boy disgusting. But that's merely my personal preference. Who knows? Maybe the Jews back in bliblical time has similar practices as the Pashtuns? (Indeed, many modern biblical scholars have surmised that St. Paul was not only Gay, but also harbored a fondness for young men.)
So let us not allow our own biases and preferences alter us from our course of freeing Afghanistan.
It's Jihad you guys should worry about: not man/boy relationships in Afghanistan.
OMG! It is NOT "making love to a boy".....IT'S RAPING A CHILD!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OMG! It is NOT "making love to a boy".....IT'S RAPING A CHILD!
In Western terminology.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
For crying out loud, this is embedded (no pun intended) in Pashtun culture. The people writing these reports act like this is some kind of sex tourism going on, rather than their preferred method of socializing young males to cultural norms. The fact that people in the west find it yucky is really not that important to them.

Male pederasty was popular there long before the coalition arrived and will be around long after they are gone.
Stoning homosexuals is too.....

Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Stoning homosexuals is too.....
Not sure what your point is, but there must be one somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies