Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If I am wrong then we are in the same problem that caused Rome to fall, and we will fall for the same reasons from with in.

I always get a kick out of it when someone uses this line. My mother was saying this about the communists when I was a little girl. I'm 52 now. I guess it's always been applicable to the "group-of-the-moment-to-hate". I bet that "We are Rome and we will fall from within" line has been used somewhere against some group since shortly after Rome fell.
I think the time for complacency is long past and I take certain beliefs and attitudes very seriously. It is not inconceivable to me that there are subversive organizations waiting until the time is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The hatred of other people is going to be the downfall of those committing these acts and those that support them. If these people were to gain control of this country's government it will be the downfall of America.
Let me get this straight. For a person or a group of persons say and stand by their principles they do not wish to have any tie to the Islamic religion, they they are not standing on good principle but a principle based on hate.

Hate is a powerful word. I understand this. I also understand that the usage of the hate word is being thrown around out of context of its meaning. It is also being thrown at those who say no to Islam as they see Islamic ability to amend our U.S. Constitution in a way that will suit them, not America.

The usage of the word hate is being used in a disdained fashion in order to bring about anger and frustration and out of that anger and frustration, the fight is on for the American way. Those who wish to gain control of this country's government is the middle east and those (American) people who will wish not seem to have hatred for them, they will let it happen. Hide and watch as I see it developing now, today as we continue to use the word hate in a God awful fashion.

No one is hating people, but many are hating their ways and are fighting to keep Sharia from controlling America and her laws.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:35 PM

119 posts, read 249,204 times
This man has his head on straight:

YouTube - Bad faith at Ground Zero

Old 08-30-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz
Well I am sick of all the BS, and this is just one part of it. I don't want to see that much land be tax free, and buildings I consider to be nothing more than a training camp for terror. I don't want tax piad money to support it in Tn, NY where in NY is is a monument to terror and a victory.

I am a biker, and I am not into gay life style, and I am a Buck Skinner to pork isn't high on my list of things to eat either, since pork is flat lander food.

But hey with all this tolerance going around, it just seems fair that if there is going to be a place of worship over a cult, as I don't see the Quarane as a real religon in the first place, and I see no 'Peace' with in it, nor will I bother to relate, it just seems fair with in the wacked out idea of tolerance that these places should indeed be tolerant. I see 0 tolerance in the muslim religion as well.

Don't like it too bad, that just the way it is to me.

As I see it Obama is a muslim and lieing about being a christian, I also see he is making every possible thing he can be racist. It's what liars do. The 176 day woner will never be my president, never has, never will, just the way it is. I see no reason what so ever to abide in any thing he calls law.

I see no difference between Tn and NY so far as building a cult based terror camp either. I simply want no more of them anywhere inside the borders of the USA.

It is how i feel and I already know no one cares how I feel.

The comment on loud pipes was just nuts too. First of all my pipes are not loud.

I am sick of being tolerant to find it ends in 0 tolerance. And I can do 0 tolerance when it comes to cult Mosques.

Some of the flight manuals for 9-11 were found in North Conway New Hampshire, not for me that's close to home. We trained the terroist right here on USA soil, and I say never again.

I don't like a cult that says it's just fine to strap on a bomb vest, and I don't believe in any 72 year old virgins either. Who would want one anyway?

But don't let me or history have any effect on anyone here either.

As for me I will just say NO everytime a Mosque comes up for getting built on USA soil. I am sick of it, and find it disgusting any American can stand the site of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
This is the perfect example of fear, and ignorance, breeding hate and irrationality.

Many Muslim families have lived in this country as law abiding citizens peacefully going about their daily lives for generations. In fact I'd gather that a large number of Americans never paid them a second thought until 9/11/2001.

If time has taught us anything is that the most shameful chapters in history are all marked by the same thing; hate, ignorance, fear and bigotry. At one time we interned Japanese-Americans in concentration like camps at the same time Japanese-American soldiers were serving and dying for this country in World War II. We look back on the treatment of those individuals now with shame and regret. The only people that feel differently have already lost their souls to hatred and ignorance.

Let's NOT write another shameful chapter in American history. This nation was built on the ideals embodied in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution has progressed as our nation has progressed. Do we really as Americans want to regress and take out parts of the Constitution based on a certain religion? Who gets to decide that and which portion of the population gets excluded next and for what reason? And if we keep doing this will we even live in America anymore but some sort of religiously or racially based distortion driven by whatever people hate or fear next?

Is that the America YOU want to live in?
I want to live in an America that will stand up for what she believes in and won't cave into every poe duck and hinney's ideas of what is to be.

Our ancestors came here to start a new life with out the influence of the church of England. Where are we going (those who want to) to go to get out from under the Church of Muslims?

My hats off to you Mac-biker. Bring in the Hells Angels, both groups under that insignia, they'll put a stop to this tom foolery, brought about through Islamic, it is, isn't peace.

Jazz, it is wonderful that you are so tolerant of Islam and Sharia laws. I suspect you will be most happy, converted together, as the rest of us in America (72%) say, hell no, we won't go. Sharia has no place in the United States, it needs to move along, back to where it came from!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:31 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
How far into the sand does one have to have their head buried in order to believe this vicious act was done by a contractor? In fact, I don't believe for a second that you believe that. You just have no way of actually acknowledging the damage your side is doing to this nation, so you're left with making up wild nonsense. I'm simply gobsmacked that someone would have the gall to say such a thing. Your finger is pointing in exactly the opposite direction it should. This is entirely -- ENTIRELY -- the fault of the divisiveness perpetrated by rightwingers, not just in the media, but your hateful leaders.

When the hell are Republican politicians in particular, going to learn that their words do have consequences? These are supposed to be LEADERS. They're supposed to give a damn about the safety and security of ALL AMERICANS. They have been behaving disgustingly and reprehensibly. They should be ashamed, but they're so arrogant I know they're not.

"Our people and community are so worried of what else can happen," said Fathy. "They are so scared."

Republican leaders are creating our own crop of home-grown terrorists. Filthy pigs.
In case you haven't noticed, the majority of New York City (a historic stronghold of conservative republicans) is against the building of this Mosque. Your hateful rhetoric represents the worst of the extreme left and shows why voters need to get the democrats out of power in the next election. You seem to act as if the majority of people who are against the building of the Mosque are intolerant. Didn't you say that you a hope a Chicago man who took his daughter to mass in defiance of a judge's unconstitutional ruling that bared him from doing so would go to jail? You shouldn't talk about intolerance.

Last edited by D-Towner; 08-30-2010 at 03:41 PM..

Old 08-30-2010, 04:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I rarely listen to him anymore.

My love for Toby Keith --well, I come from a long line of Rednecks/like Zell Miller. 'GA Dems'. Thus my lack of factual information on many topics--highly emotional people--stubborn, too.

lol--My relatives think I am a 'Dixie Chick'--wildly liberal--living in Atlanta.

I guess I must be some kind of Libertarian--I will say what I think. Who knows, who knows. Child of the 60's--
I like Toby and I like the Dixie Chicks too. Seen them both live.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Islam/Muslims approve of people like you. They can use you to further their agenda. Of course if they ever had their way in this country; you'd be slaughtered along with all the rest of us infidels. And even if you truely converted to their Islam, they may still reject you and slaughter you; if they don't like something about you.
Muslims may approve of me, but the Taliban approves of you. Your hatred and protests are the newest gift toward their terrorist recruitment efforts.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:33 PM

338 posts, read 310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
As I see it Obama is a muslim and lieing about being a christian, I also see he is making every possible thing he can be racist. It's what liars do. The 176 day woner will never be my president, never has, never will, just the way it is.
Even if this was true (and it is not), neither point would legally disqualify Obama from being your president. Just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I see no reason what so ever to abide in any thing he calls law.
So if some guys who shared your opinion of the law visited your home, raped your dog, stole your bike and sold your children and grandchildren into slavery, you'd be ok with not going to the police? Because they just did what you advised them to do here, not abiding the law whatsoever.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
Even if this was true (and it is not), neither point would legally disqualify Obama from being your president. Just the way it is.

So if some guys who shared your opinion of the law visited your home, raped your dog, stole your bike and sold your children and grandchildren into slavery, you'd be ok with not going to the police? Because they just did what you advised them to do here, not abiding the law whatsoever.
Obama's law or the laws granted by the Bill of Rights, the U.S Constitution and our penal code system?

Obama's law is a separate view of law, you know. Obama votes and signs into law under the unconstitutional law. (see voting history make comparisons)

Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Our ancestors came here to start a new life with out the influence of the church of England. Where are we going (those who want to) to go to get out from under the Church of Muslims?
Quote:
Sharia has no place in the United States, it needs to move along, back to where it came from!
Wow. From a mosque in Tennessee to full-blown fundamentalist Sharia implemented nationwide in about 3 sentences, that's some powerful paranoia there. 0.7% of US population is Muslim - and somehow the only thing between their taking over the Judicial, Legislative and Executive branch is keeping them from building their houses of worship? That makes no sense.

Well, it does. As Eco points out, followers of certain right-wing ideologies have to be made to feel that their enemies are very powerful and sinister, yet weak and decadent - at the same time. And, to quote: "Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."

Bring Hell's Angels in to bash some heads. Really? That's America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies