Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 02:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There you are, clinging desperately to your race card.

Meanwhile, I've posted careful, thoughtful analysis and support for my position on Obama's ineligibility in my post, above.
Thoughtful anaysis?

Your previous post is, by your own admission, mere speculation on your part, based on nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 02:44 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
There you are, clinging desperately to your race card.

Meanwhile, I've posted careful, thoughtful analysis and support for my position on Obama's ineligibility in my post, above.
Again with the irony. Desperately clinging? This is how this whole thing started.

You can't make his race an issue for your purposes, so "African furriner" is the next best thing you can do. Kenyan is just codespeak for the N-word. It's obvious. Even most Republicans won't go near this issue for that very reason (and the fact that it's a pile of nonsense).

Desperate? I don't feel very desperate. The courts are handling the situation quite satisfactorily, by throwing out every frivolous, baseless crap lawsuit you people file. That ought to be an indication of who is desperate in this situation.

Careful, thoughtful analysis? LOL

Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thoughtful anaysis?

Your previous post is, by your own admission, mere speculation on your part, based on nothing.
Benjamin Franklin's letter proves indisputably that the Constitution was influenced by Vattel's work. Nothing speculative about that.

Quote:
This 1758 work by Swiss legal philosopher Emmerich de Vattel is of special importance to scholars of constitutional history and law, for it was read by many of the Founders of the United States of America, and informed their understanding of the principles of law which became established in the Constitution of 1787. Chitty's notes and the appended commentaries by Edward D. Ingraham, used in lectures at William and Mary College, provide a valuable perspective on Vattel's exposition from the viewpoint of American jurists who had adapted those principles to the American legal experience.
Vattel: The Law of Nations: Prefaces to the various editions

Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Again with the irony. Desperately clinging? This is how this whole thing started.

You can't make his race an issue for your purposes, so "African furriner" is the next best thing you can do. Kenyan is just codespeak for the N-word. It's obvious. Even most Republicans won't go near this issue for that very reason (and the fact that it's a pile of nonsense).

Desperate? I don't feel very desperate. The courts are handling the situation quite satisfactorily, by throwing out every frivolous, baseless crap lawsuit you people file. That ought to be an indication of who is desperate in this situation.

Careful, thoughtful analysis? LOL
What on earth are you babbling about?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Benjamin Franklin's letter proves indisputably that the Constitution was influenced by Vattel's work. Nothing speculative about that.

Vattel: The Law of Nations: Prefaces to the various editions
Influenced yes. Word for word, no. Been there, done that discussion.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes did you miss the part that they have no business in releasing it without Obama's permission?
That's precisely the point. What is Obama so desperately trying to hide?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Influenced yes. Word for word, no. Been there, done that discussion.
You can't brush it off that easily.

Care to point out any other definition and use of the concept of 'natural born citizen' within that same timeframe?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
You can't brush it off that easily.

Care to point out any other definition and use of the concept of 'natural born citizen' within that same timeframe?
Try this:

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I mean when I say nothing will settle this bc controversy brought to us by the "dumbass Tea Party", EVER! There's always another angle. No, Obama's mother could not have changed his citizenship in Indonesia. That's been said a million times on this forum. But it has to be gone over yet again. And there will always be something else tomorrow if that's debunked today. Ken Buck is right!
"Dumbass Tea Party"? Such a broad brush to call everyone "dumbass". Would those on the left like to be called the "dumbass left'"? implying that term applies to all of you on the left?

I'm not a member of the T.E.A. Party, but I support their stand, and am offended by the use of that term.

Besides, it's not a Tea Party. It's the T.E.A. Party. Maybe I misunderstood and you're not referring to the T.E.A. Party.

Did I miss a someting, and you went to some tea party?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:19 PM

Hmmm... I don't see an 18th century time stamp on that opinion.

Furthermore, Steve Mount, the man who wrote that opinion on what is no more than his own personally owned website has the following credentials:
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1989, University of Vermont
Other formal learning: Constitutional Law, Community College of Vermont, 1999 (audit)
Who is Steve Mount? - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

You honestly think we should take someone whose only relevant credential is that he once AUDITED a community college course on Constitutional Law seriously?

I'll believe Benjamin Franklin's own words and the College of William and Mary, one of our nation's top post-secondary schools, over some guy who audited a course on Constitutional Law at a community college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies