Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Um, if you actually got "arms" as referred to in the second amendment and waged a war to overthrow the executive (and legislative?) branch(es) of the government wouldn't that be treason? And wouldn't that violate art. 3 sec. 3 of the constitution?
Thomas Jefferson supported a revolution every 25 years..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
No doubt today Thomas Jefferson would be on Homeland Security's watch list.

Quote:
"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)

Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thomas Jefferson supported a revolution every 25 years..
That is all well and good, but does that make it constitutional? It seems illogical to violate the constitution with the stated objective of preserving the constitution.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Every single case thus far taken to court..
Stem Cell research, campaign financing, oil drilling moratorium. There isnt ONE court ruling in Obamas favor to date..

Remember Obama lashing back at the Supreme Court during his address to the nation?
The stem cell issue has not gone to court yet. A federal judge ruled that the plaintiffs had standing to take it to court. I haven't followed the campaign financing or even the oil drilling moratorium that much. Perhaps you could supply some links about a court case.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That seems ironic since it was the American people who voted Obama into office.
I don't disagree with that

However his Character and Policies are just a tad different
then what he was pushing

Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

Obama's promise to end earmarks.

Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

Under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid it is
now acceptable to pass bill without reading them and this
was endorsed not only by Obama but the DOJ Holder

Obama should realize there is a reason for two ears
and one mouth

Will the failed administration of Obama ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive

We'll find out in November

Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I'm, sorry but I've posted my thoughts on the right wing agenda. I've stated that it is the classic example of a fascist movement in this forum and others. I believe it more than ever. Angle's comment is the natural progression of a fascist movement. Once you demonize your opponent with untruths and fabrications you can justify the next step, which is use any means necessary to neutralize him. Violence is preferred, as it sends a strong message to all who oppose you. There are those moonbats waiting in the wings, licking their chops and praying for the day the revolution comes. Sad, sad day for America if it ever comes to that.

For those unfamiliar with the politics of the 20s and 30s I suggest you search fascism. Roots, causes and strategies of a fascist movement. Especially Tea Party members. You are being played by forces well beyond your comprehension.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is all well and good, but does that make it constitutional? It seems illogical to violate the constitution with the stated objective of preserving the constitution.
If you overthrow the government, the constitution is thrown out and isnt valid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The stem cell issue has not gone to court yet. A federal judge ruled that the plaintiffs had standing to take it to court. I haven't followed the campaign financing or even the oil drilling moratorium that much. Perhaps you could supply some links about a court case.
A federal district court issued an injuction against Obamas stem cell policy, effectively killing it until it gets to court..

The campaign finance was discussed here all over the place, with liberals moaning and groaning because companies can support candidates. While the law was passed before Obamas' presidency, (2002 McCain Feingold), Obama rallied against the Supreme Court striking down the law. Oral drilling moratorium was just recently with BP.. Several times the Obama moratorium was thrown out by courts.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default If Bush wasn't overthrown, get real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Barry and all his minions, repug and dem alike should read and take heed!

Overthrow Obama? Not so 'crazy' as it sounds

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., recently introduced a TV ad attacking his Republican opponent, Sharron Angle, for a comment she made about the Second Amendment.

During an interview on the Lars Larson Show, Angle commented that if the government continued straying from the Constitution and could not be brought back into constitutional compliance by voters at the ballot box, she feared that people would resort to the Second Amendment as a means of correcting the nation's course.
If that village idiot wasn't overthrown, I think it's safe to say that there will never be a president who is overthrown in this country.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Whats it feel like being wrong so often?

Dunno, you tell me.

Because I don't agree with the right doesn't remotely make me wrong. In fact my chances for being right greatly improve if I don't agree with them.

If you think this country is going to revolt you should set the pipe down and just say no. People will barely get out and vote Obama had the largest turnout since 1964 but it is still around 57%. Now you think all these people are going to turn against him... I doubt it... especially when they start rolling the credits of what he has done.

I still would like to see a third party upset, but a thinking party, hence the teabaggers would be excluded.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Now you think all these people are going to turn against him... I doubt it... especially when they start rolling the credits of what he has done.
When OUR money runs out they will do more then
turn against him, see a good majority that voted
for him believe that government knows best and
will provide for them...FOREVER

If the last twenty months are an indicator of the upcoming
'Rolling Credits' It's plainly clear that his policies are
not in the best interest for America that is unless your
going to write the check to cover his spending habits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies