Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 AM

255 posts, read 219,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Sharron Angle is insane and called for taking "second amendment remedies"
The Repugs have called for repealing the 14th amendment
The Repugs hacked the 4th amendment with the patriot act
The Repugs are going against the 1st amendment by protesting a community center two blocks away from ground zero

The only threat to the constitution are those evil, slimy republicans.
Especially considering the fact that it is the Deficates, I mean Democrats, who pass bills and legislation that tear down the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
As much of a proponant as I am about the second amendment, why would anyone every resort to violence in a stable political environment? We have an unstable economic environment, not political environment. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Obama has been very damaging to the nation. However, one simply votes against him in 2012.

When one resorts to guns, there is little turning back. I don't think that the Obama administration, as lawless as they are, warrants an insurrection. If he eliminates free elections in 2012, it would be a different matter. In that instance, the military would take him out anyway and there would be no need for individuals to take up arms.
You mean like how the Red Coats fought to end the tyrannical rule of the British over the colonies? The military won't unseat Obama because they can't act independently. That is why the American Revolution was fought by the common citizens. If free elections are done away with, we will not be able to count on the military. If free elections cease, then the military will be deployed against us to keep us under control. That's how it works. There might be a few that would desert the military and go after Obama, but not en masse. Revolutions are always by the People...or rogue generals in Latin-American countries.

Last edited by OnTheLookout; 08-31-2010 at 01:56 AM..

Old 08-31-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
To suggest the overthrow of the President of the United States is seditious and treasonous.

If you have any legally valid reason as why President Obama should be removed from office there is an impeachment process in place for that.
But, it is not the People who enact that impeachment process. If the government is out of control, it certainly will not hit the breaks to stop itself because it sees itself as above the law. If Obama did do something that legitimately warranted him being both impeached and removed from office, and despite the outcries of the People, the Senators and Reps did nothing, THEN what is to be done? At that point the only thing left to do is for the People to solve the problem by removing the threat by whatever means necessary. It's not a pretty picture and I hope it never comes to fruition, but it is a duty that every AMERICAN has to bear. Being a citizen comes with more than just a list of rights we have, but also the DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES as well. Being an American is not a pleasure cruise.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If she actually meant an overthrow by gunfire, she should have to quit the campaign. That is treason.
No it isn't. Would it still be treason if she meant by the use of knives or sticks? To remove someone from their office by force is not treason if the circumstances are such that said person is detrimental to the country. Come on people, slow down and think before we respond.

Last edited by OnTheLookout; 08-31-2010 at 01:58 AM..

Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So is Right Angle calling for the violent overthrow of the government?
Once again She was not "calling for" any revolt or insurrection. She was stating that it was one of her fears if Washington could not be controlled through the ballot box.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 AM

338 posts, read 310,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
its a shame you spent all of that time and energy discussing "Sharon Angle", who wasnt being discussed. What was your point exactly in adding her to the conversation?
I answered one of the inane claims and generalizations in your post.
And no, I did not bring her into the conversation, that was before me. Get your facts straight and stop making things up.

Quote:
Not only has the restriction of ammunition been proposed, but we have cities who for the longest time, limited access and right to bear arms. Did you know DC for example didnt allow carrying arms? Again, what is the point you are trying to make?
Completely beside the point, as I was talking about amendments and not specific local limitations. And you didn't answer my question. So again: " by your logic, you'd have no problems with a legal amendment of the 2nd amendment, restricting possession of ammunition (for example). After all, a legal amendment is a legal amendment, isn't it?"
Please answer the question without deflections.

Quote:
Ahh no.. certain key provisions were struck down as an infringement of the 4th amendment, because they involved citizens
The only one to bring up non-citizens was you, nice deflection.

The claim was that the Patriot Act the Republicans established infringed the 4th amendment. You practically concede that in your post, but I'd like to see you do it without additional spin.

Quote:
If you are so outraged over the Patriot Act, then why do you support Obama, who expanded the powers of the Patriot Act, well beyond those put into place by Bush? Did you even know this?
a) I'm not outraged, merely stating facts. Stop making things up.
b) while sympathetic to certain points of Obama's policies, I would not call myself a supporter. Stop making things up.
c) Obama (and Congress) extended three sections of the PA for one year. This is not the whole PA, and neither are its powers expanded, merely prolonged for one year. Stop making things up.

Quote:
I didnt claim TempesT68 didnt have a right to protest, I simply stated that his rationality for protesting is based upon a lie. If you are going to protest, you should atleast have your facts straight first.
In that you are right, this part of my post was wrong. My apologies.

Quote:
I note the failure of you to list them.. Considering you imagined that I told Tempest that he couldnt "protest", I'm assuming your now imagining some "lie" which you claim to exist but havent listed..
I will not list it here, that would be OT and demeaning for you. I can send you a PM if you're interested, just let me know.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,344 times
If the Reich Wing douchebags don't like America, leave.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Some of you Repugs forget that Obama and his party were duly elected by the majority of American voting public who got off their butts and took the time to vote. You may feel the sky is falling and Obama should be overthrown but again you are in the minority as most of the people who voted him in think he's doing as good a job as possible with the Repubs doing nothing to help the country and everything they can to sabotage any efforts your leadership has to help the country.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Dunno, you tell me.

Because I don't agree with the right doesn't remotely make me wrong. In fact my chances for being right greatly improve if I don't agree with them.
Your "facts" are clearly wrong. You stated people couldnt list the VP but could list those on American Idol.. Your wrong on both counts, but thanks for letting me remind you of this fact again.
Quote:
If you think this country is going to revolt you should set the pipe down and just say no. People will barely get out and vote Obama had the largest turnout since 1964 but it is still around 57%. Now you think all these people are going to turn against him... I doubt it... especially when they start rolling the credits of what he has done.
First, its crazy to even talk and pretend an "overthrow" is going to take place.. But if the talk was serious, you wouldnt need 57% of the public to begin one. 1% is more than enough to cause it to happen. Not supporting the notion that it could/should happen, just stating facts..
Quote:
I still would like to see a third party upset, but a thinking party, hence the teabaggers would be excluded.
Yeah.. more calling others stupid that you dont agree with.. Way to make an argument.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Some of you Repugs forget that Obama and his party were duly elected by the majority of American voting public who got off their butts and took the time to vote. You may feel the sky is falling and Obama should be overthrown but again you are in the minority as most of the people who voted him in think he's doing as good a job as possible with the Repubs doing nothing to help the country and everything they can to sabotage any efforts your leadership has to help the country.

Perhaps you should glance at the approval ratings for the president and the democratic congress.

People can change thier minds and they appear to be doing so. There is nothing like financial misery to alter one's perception of what is correct and proper.

There is no need for violence at all, as the public will eject Obama in 2012 and the democratic congress this year. If the republicans fail as badly as Obama and the democrats, I would expect (and want) them to be ejected as well. Let's make an attempt to get some fiscally responsible and competent leadership. Obviously, the current administration is neither competent nor fiscally responsible. Even the New York Time and Newsweek liberals are voicing discontent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies